Grace Lanouette (Conestoga) / Photo by Howard Anderson
A busy Wednesday afternoon produced some strong performances across the eastern part of the state as we move to the latter half of the week. We quickly broke down some of Wednesday's biggest performances from some meets across the state:
Central League Individual Champs
- Conestoga's Grace Lanouette proved she's hitting her stride at the right time. The junior sprinter became the first to dip under 12 seconds in the girls' 100 meters this season, running a PA#1 11.94 for the win. She also added a PA#6 24.91 for the win in the 200 meters.
- Senna Ohlsson of Ridley ran a PA#11 57.51 for the 400 meter victory.
- Upper Darby ran a PA#7 3:54.87 in the 4x400 meters to take the convincing win.
- Haverford's Cecilia Katcavage was another double winner, taking the shot put (37-10) and discus league crowns (125-8).
- Lower Merion's Rashaun Cooke blasted a PA#4 49.12 in the 400 meters for the win.
- Springfield-Delco's Liam Galligan won a 1600 battle over his teammate Joseph Cardie. Galligan's winning time was 4:22.50.
|100 Meter Dash Finals||11.94||Grace Lanouette||Conestoga|
|100 Meter Dash Prelims||12.24||Grace Lanouette||Conestoga|
|100 Meter Dash Finals||12.24||Aja Davis||Lower Merion|
|1,600 Meter Run Finals||5:13.74||Tasha Greene||Harriton|
|200 Meter Dash Finals||24.91||Grace Lanouette||Conestoga|
|300 Meter Hurdles Finals||46.22||Kiara Sprague||Conestoga|
|400 Meter Dash Finals||57.51||Senna Ohlsson||Ridley|
|4x400 Meter Relay Finals||3:54.87||Relay Team||Upper Darby|
|4x800 Meter Relay Finals||9:37.78||Relay Team||Lower Merion|
|4x800 Meter Relay Finals||9:44.76||Relay Team||Penncrest|
|Javelin Finals||122-11||Tara Higgins||Penncrest|
|Javelin Finals||125-8||Cecilia Katcavage||Haverford Township HS|
|Shot Put Finals||37-10||Cecilia Katcavage||Haverford Township HS|
|1,600 Meter Run Finals||4:22.50||Liam Galligan||Springfield (Delco)|
|1,600 Meter Run Finals||4:23.16||Joseph Cardie||Springfield (Delco)|
|1,600 Meter Run Finals||4:24.45||Evan Hassman||Lower Merion|
|3,200 Meter Run Finals||9:32.89||Matthew D'Aquila||Lower Merion|
|400 Meter Dash Finals||49.12||Rashaun Cooke||Lower Merion|
|Long Jump Finals||22-6.5||Deion Davis||Lower Merion|
Keegan Hughes (Bishop Shanahan) / Photo by Howard Anderson
- Coatesville's Arianna Eberly edged out teammate Porsha Miles for the 100 meter win. Eberly ran a PA#7 12.14 for the win.
- Coatesville's Makayla Eberly took home the win in the 800 meters, running a PA#6 2:13.91.
- Avon Grove's Chloee Kleespies just keeps winning. The senior claimed victories in the shot put (40-9.75) and the discus (PA#5 141-5).
- Evelyn Berecz of Downingtown East won both the long jump and the triple jump on Wednesday. Her winning triple jump of 39-1 moves her up to PA#4 in the state rankings.
- The Downingtown West girls ran a PA#8 9:31.14 to win the 4x800 meter relay.
- Coatesville's Terrance Laird keeps rolling. The senior went 21.11 to win the 200 meters, not far off his season best in the event. The Coatesville 4x100 also went 42.07 to grab the win.
- Bishop Shanahan's Keegan Hughes saw another big drop in time in the 300 meter hurdles. Hughes ran 38.42 for a new PA#2 and win.
- Kennett's Xavier Feliciano saw another PR in the pole vault, clearing a PA#3 15-3, a two inch improvement from his winning height at Henderson over the weekend.
- Kennett's Alec Sheehan threw 175-7 to win the boys' discus, just off his PR and season best.
- Rustin's Connor Cummings picked up the shot put win, throwing 54-7.75.
- Ricky Oretega of Coatesville won the javelin with a throw of 183-3, a PA#11.
|100 Meter Dash Finals||12.14||Arianna Eberly||Coatesville|
|100 Meter Dash Finals||12.16||Porsha Miles||Coatesville|
|1,600 Meter Run Finals||5:11.70||Allyson Clarke||West Chester East|
|1,600 Meter Run Finals||5:12.68||Elizabeth Edwards||Unionville|
|3,200 Meter Run Finals||11:11.40||Brooke Hutton||Coatesville|
|4x800 Meter Relay Finals||9:31.14||Relay Team||Downingtown West|
|4x800 Meter Relay Finals||9:35.77||Relay Team||Coatesville|
|800 Meter Run Finals||2:13.91||Makayla Eberly||Coatesville|
|800 Meter Run Finals||2:16.20||Amy Willig||Great Valley|
|800 Meter Run Finals||2:17.19||Sammie Miller||Coatesville|
|800 Meter Run Finals||2:17.77||Maddy VanBlunk||Downingtown East|
|800 Meter Run Finals||2:18.61||Caroline Roumpz||Downingtown East|
|Discus Finals||141-5||Chloee Kleespies||Avon Grove|
|Long Jump Finals||17-8||Evelyn Berecz||Downingtown East|
|Shot Put Finals||40-9.75||Chloee Kleespies||Avon Grove|
|Triple Jump Finals||36-5||Niyah Jennings||Downingtown East|
|Triple Jump Finals||36-5.25||Anna Ebersole||Bishop Shanahan|
|Triple Jump Finals||36-8||Caroline Billone||Coatesville|
|Triple Jump Finals||39-1||Evelyn Berecz||Downingtown East|
|200 Meter Dash Finals||21.11||Terrance Laird||Coatesville|
|200 Meter Dash Prelims||21.73||Terrance Laird||Coatesville|
|300 Meter Hurdles Finals||38.42||Keegan Hughes||Bishop Shanahan|
|4x100 Meter Relay Finals||42.07||Relay Team||Coatesville|
|4x800 Meter Relay Finals||8:09.87||Relay Team||West Chester Rustin|
|Discus Finals||155-5||Edem Asamoa||West Chester Rustin|
|Discus Finals||157-3||Thomas Silva||West Chester East|
|Discus Finals||175-7||Alec Sheehan||Kennett|
|Javelin Finals||183-3||Ricky Ortega||Coatesville|
|Pole Vault Finals||14-3||Richard Iovanisci||West Chester Rustin|
|Pole Vault Finals||15-3||Xavier Feliciano||Kennett|
|Shot Put Finals||54-7.75||Connor Cummings||West Chester Rustin|
|Shot Put Finals||52-4||Edem Asamoa||West Chester Rustin|
Lydia Bottelier (Palisades) / Photo by Kathy Leister
EPC/Colonial League Championships
- Palidsades's Lydia Bottelier went PA#1 in the girls' high jump. The sophomore cleared 5-8 for a new PR and state leader.
- Stroudsburg's Amy Conboy won a pair of events on the day, claiming victories in the 1600 (5:07.17) and the 3200 meters (11:13.74).
- Khyasia Caldwell of Pocono Mountain East continued her strong season. She won her section of the 100 meters in 12.20, the 200 meters in 25.32, and the long jump with a jump of 19-6.75.
- Stroudsburg's Ayanna Burrell jumped 39-1.5, a PR and new PA#3 for the win in the triple jump.
- Bethlehem Catholic's Rachel Tanczos threw a PA#11 133-11 in the discus for the win.
- Saucon Valley's Talitha Diggs clocked a 12.26 to win the 100 meters, a new PA#8.
- Nazareth Area's Julian Liaci dropped a PA#2 10.67 to win the 100 meters. He also ran 21.83 to claim the 200 meter win, which is a PA#6.
- Stroudsburg's Shaquille Mitchell won a competitive boys' triple jump with a new PR. Mitchell jumped 48-3.75, which puts him at PA#4 heading into districts.
- Salisbury Township's John Reichenbach jumped 22-8.5 for the win and a new PA#8 in the boys' long jump.