Winter Track& Field Relay Championships
Somerset County Winter Track & Field Relay Championships.
Thursday December 28, 2017.
Lehigh University - Rauch Fieldhouse - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Meet starts at 10:00am.
Teams & meet administration may enter at 9:00am.
Spectators will not be permitted access until 9:30am.
We will be using milesplit to enter this meet. Please login to the milesplit website at: http://pa.milesplit.com/meets/295669/
If you don't have a login for milesplit, click on the register button at the top to set up an account. You may enter up to 10 athletes per event into milesplit. It is much easier for meet management to delete names from the events than it is to enter names, so if you are not sure who is going to enter in a particular event, please list all possible athletes up to 10. Please enter all running, jumping and throwing events for all relays and open events on milesplit. We will still use cards for the High Jump, Shot Put & Pole Vault along with the milesplit entry. Please pick up those event cards upon arrival.
Limit of 1 relay team for all relay events. (Scoring 10-8-6-4-2-1)
Limit of 5 contestants per open events. (Non-Scoring)
There is NO OPEN event for the pole vault, however if a school only has 1 vaulter, we will let them compete as a non-scoring competitor. Maximum vaulters per school is 2.
Competitors may enter in both relay events & open events with no restrictions provided the contestant does not violate the National Federation Participation Rule.
Please enter all seed times into mile split. We will not use verified times, nor will we be protecting any seeded heats. We are asking that coaches please use good sound judgment when entering seed times. It only disrupts the integrity of the meet as well as embarrasses the athletes. We are asking all coaches to please put down seed times that your relay team and or athlete can attain at this meet.
Confirmation Procedure (day of the meet):
When you arrive at Lehigh please report to the check in table ASAP to scratch or add athletes. If you are adding relays teams after milesplit has closed, the added relay team will be placed in the last heat or equal to the slowest seed time. We will collect all scratch sheets at approximately 9:30am. All changes after the start of the meet will be made at the timers table.
Milesplit meet entry will open on Monday December 4th
Milesplit meet entry will close on Tuesday December 27th @ 10:00pm
10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 2 - 1 (Relay Events Only)
Medals to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place relay teams.
Team Trophy to each winning boys & girls teams.
There will be no awards for the open events
Tony Maselli, Director of Athletics, Montgomery High School
Phone: 609-466-7602 X6562 email: email@example.com
- Limit of 1 relay team for all relay events. (Scoring 10-8-6-4-2-1)
- Limit of 5 contestants per open events. (Non-Scoring)
3. Competitors may enter in both relayevents & open events with no restrictions provided the contestant does notviolate the National Federation Participation Rule.
4. There is NO OPEN event for the polevault, however if a school only has 1 vaulter, we will let them compete as a non-scoring competitor. Maximum vaulters per school is 2.
5. All Field event relays are 2-personrelays
- Only 1/4" spikes are permitted
- Each school must supply their own pins, starting blocks, shot puts, batons.
- Chalk is only permitted to mark jumping areas. NO tape of any kind is permitted.
- Please have all runners check in at the clerking area on the first call.
- Shot Put, high jump and pole vault athletes will check in at the site of the event.
- All field event competitors must have a card when they check in.
- Opening Height for the High Jump Relay: Girls - 4'-0" Boys - 5'-0" The bar will be raised by 2" for each elevation from the opening height.
- Opening Height for the Open High Jump: Girls - 3'-10" Boys - 4'-10" The bar will be raised by 2" for each elevation from the opening height.
- Opening Height for the Pole Vault Relay: Girls - 7'-0" Boys - 9"-0" The bar will be raised by 6" for each elevation from the opening height.
- All runners will be given hip numbers to wear during the race.
- In the Shot Put, each contestant for both the relays and the open events will be allowed 3 throws with NO FINALS.
- In the Shot Put, we will have 3 boys and 3 girls designated shot puts for all throwers to use. You may use any shot you want to warm up with.
- The Open 55m hurdles are final on time.
- An athletic trainer will be available during the entire meet.
In caseof bad weather or impending bad weather please call the Montgomery High School Sports-Line for currentinformation on the meet. 609-466-7602 x4906.
Directions toLehigh University's Murray Goodman Campus and the Rauch Field House
From the east:
TakeRoute I-78 West to the Hellertown/Bethlehem exit 67. Go straight at the end ofthe exit ramp across Route 412 onto Silvex Road (between Wendy's and TurkeyHill). Continue on Silvex Road through a short tunnel and under an overpassuntil you reach a 'Y' in the road. Bearleft. At the stop sign, go straight.There will be a blue sign directing you to Lehigh University/Goodman Stadium.Silvex Road will eventually become Apple Street. At the next intersection there will be a4-way stop sign; continue straight. Follow the brown signs for Goodman CampusStadium/Arena and Stadium Parking. Youwill pass Goodman Stadium on your left. At the next stop sign, the road will come to a 'T'. Make a left onto Mountain Drive South. Make your next left onto Goodman Drive. Rauch Field House will be the 2ND building onthe right.
From the west:
TakeRoute I-78 East to the Hellertown/Bethlehem exit 67. Turn right at the end ofthe exit ramp across from Route 412 North (Main Street). At the next trafficlight, turn left onto Silvex Road (between Wendy's and Turkey Hill). Continue on Silvex Road through a shorttunnel and under an overpass until you reach a 'Y' in the road. Bear left. At the stop sign, go straight. There will be a blue sign directing youto Lehigh University/Goodman Stadium. Silvex Road will eventually become AppleStreet. At the next intersection therewill be a 4-way stop sign; continue straight. Follow the brown signs forGoodman Campus Stadium/Arena and Stadium Parking. You will pass Goodman Stadium on yourleft. At the next stop sign, the roadwill come to a 'T'. Make a left ontoMountain Drive South. Make your nextleft onto Goodman Drive. Rauch FieldHouse will be the 2ND building on the right.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!