PennTrackXC & MileSplit PA is looking to hire a part-time regional editor to assist in cross country and track & field coverage throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
We're looking for someone who loves the sport of track & field as much as us to join the PennTrack team. This person should be based in Pennsylvania and able to spend about 20+ hours a week on coverage.
The ideal candidate is passionate, and curious subject matter expert who is excited at the prospect of crafting all types of content in a state and sport rich with stories, celebrities, events, history, and most importantly... potential. This is a job for someone who wants to grow the sport of track.
This is a paid position.
What we're looking for you to do...
- Spend about 20 hours a week on coverage.
- Cover meets with some kind of combination of photos, race videos, interviews, and written content.
- Produce a few written pieces during the week, which could included Q&As, feature stories, previews, recaps, and other compelling content.
- Post updates to social media at events to keep our audience engaged.
- Willingness to learn different multimedia skills to help PennTrackXC give the best possible coverage of the sport.
- Help grow the sport of XC and track & field in PA and beyond.
- A love of cross country and track and field!
- Ability to help out with coverage on meet days (usually Saturdays).
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to travel to meets in Pennsylvania.
- Enthusiasm to get to know the athletes, coaches, officials, and others within the PA XC/track scene.
Does this sound like a job for you? Email PennTrackXC editor Dan Beck at email@example.com to learn more. Include a resume and a paragraph or two about yourself and your experience, as well as any questions you may have about the job.