Week 7 was another big one in PA XC!
Emily Carter (above) ran a very quick time at the Mingo Classic, and there were plenty of other highlights as we have a quick turnaround and roll into a busy Week 8 of more conference and league championship meets.
Check out links to race videos from the weekend and quick snapshots of the action below.
- At the Mingo Classic, Emily Carter of Bethel Park smashed the course record, running an incredible 17:19 to blow away the field. That's the third fastest time so far this season in PA, just tenths off the second best time.
- At the Mid Penn Conference Championships, Taryn Parks of Greencastle-Antrim went sub-18 for the win at Big Spring. The senior clocked a 17:53, her fastest-ever 5K to win her third Mid Penn title. The State College Area girls and Hershey boys earned close team wins. Carlisle's Casey Padgett went 16:11 to win the boys' race.
- At the Manhattan Invitational (NY), the PA No. 1 LaSalle College boys competed against some of the region's best and came away with a second place finish. PA No. 2 Downingtown West took fourth in that loaded Eastern States race. READ MORE
- At the Central League Championships, there were close battles all around. Garnet Valley's Sean Garrett took the win in the boys' race in 16:05, while Penncrest nipped Haverford Township and Lower Merion for the team title. In the girls' race, Lower Merion's Sarah Hurst went 19:18 for the individual win, and the Strath Haven girls avenged a loss at Delcos to take the CAL team title.
- At the Rocky Grove Invitational, Meaera Shannon of Conneaut Area ran 19:40 for the win in the girls race, and General McLane's Dylan Throop went 16:23 to win the boys race on a muddy day on the tough terrain in Dempseytown.
- At the PHAC Invitational, Lauren Trapani of Warrior Run clocked an 18:10 to win by a minute, 10 seconds over second place. Lewisburg's Jacob Hess won the boys' race in 15:48. Both the Warrior Run girls and the Lewisburg boys won team titles, as well.
- At the SRU Bill Lennox Invitational, Haley Hamilton of Our Lady of Sacred Heart scored her second win of the season, running 19:15 for the victory. In the boys' race, Sage Vavro led a dominant team performance by Butler, running 16:18 for the individual victory.
- At the MAC Championships, a pair of the state's best -- Mars Area's Zachary Leachman (16:36) and Moon Area's Mia Cochran (18:45) -- ran to individual wins, while the New Castle boys and the Moon Area girls scored team titles.
- At the NTL Coaches Invitational, the Wyalusing Valley Area boys took the top four spots to score just 33 points to run away with the win. Alex Patton of Wyalusing was the race winner in 16:38.
- At the Washington County Coaches Meet, Peters Township's Zach Marmol (who would later go on to win at the Mingo Classic on Thursday) won in 16:20. He went 16:07 at Mingo a few days later..
- At the Westmoreland County Coaches Assoication Championship, Greensburg Central Catholic's Corinn Brewer won by over a minute, going 18:54 to win the girls' race.
- At the Indiana County Championships, there were a pair of dominant team performances. The Marion Center Area girls scored the minimum 15 points to win, while the Indiana Area boys put 19 on the board to win.