TSTCA Indoor Meet #2 2013
01/26/2013 10:30:25 AM
User
At the meet, no one here, found out it was cancelled, so don't show.
At the meet, no one here, found out it was cancelled, so don't show.
01/26/2013 4:39:15 PM
Coach
Little surprised the meet was called, but I guess for logistical reasons, they had to make the call early, as the decision was made at like 2 PM. Any paying TSTCA school would have received an email about the cancellation. I know safety has to be taken into account, and most of the teams are traveling from the south to get there, it just did not seem like the weather was bad enough for a cancellation. Too bad, considering its almost February and paying TSTCA schools have got one meet in...Its really not good or acceptable. It looks like we will have two sanctioned meets TOTAL before the championships. I highly doubt the meet will be re-scheduled. There is an open date in two weeks but I am not sure if the TSTCA leadership will make it happen or if the facility is even available that weekend. Its a shame. The kids have been left at the altar and deserve better. I think the reality is a lot of teams are now forced to look for other options and it would not surprise me if more teams shy away from the TSTCA. Some teams have been practicing since the beginning of December, yet have had one sanctioned meet as paying members of the TSTCA. I can see why there is some frustration...
Little surprised the meet was called, but I guess for logistical reasons, they had to make the call early, as the decision was made at like 2 PM. Any paying TSTCA school would have received an email about the cancellation. I know safety has to be taken into account, and most of the teams are traveling from the south to get there, it just did not seem like the weather was bad enough for a cancellation. Too bad, considering its almost February and paying TSTCA schools have got one meet in...Its really not good or acceptable. It looks like we will have two sanctioned meets TOTAL before the championships.

I highly doubt the meet will be re-scheduled. There is an open date in two weeks but I am not sure if the TSTCA leadership will make it happen or if the facility is even available that weekend. Its a shame. The kids have been left at the altar and deserve better. I think the reality is a lot of teams are now forced to look for other options and it would not surprise me if more teams shy away from the TSTCA. Some teams have been practicing since the beginning of December, yet have had one sanctioned meet as paying members of the TSTCA. I can see why there is some frustration...

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.