2015 PTFCA Indoor State Championship 2015- QUESTION
02/17/2015 9:57:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
First time I have an athlete that is close/hitting preseason standards... question: if she has NOT hit the mark that I keep seeing listed (the updated cutoff mark that seems to change weekly) should I/can I enter her if she has hit the preseason standard that was set? She is like 1 inch away from the "moving mark" in triple jump but I'm not sure whether to enter her or not... she only has one meet left to hit it, this Saturday at TSTCA champs. thanks
First time I have an athlete that is close/hitting preseason standards... question: if she has NOT hit the mark that I keep seeing listed (the updated cutoff mark that seems to change weekly) should I/can I enter her if she has hit the preseason standard that was set? She is like 1 inch away from the "moving mark" in triple jump but I'm not sure whether to enter her or not... she only has one meet left to hit it, this Saturday at TSTCA champs.
thanks
02/17/2015 10:18:04 AM
Coach
@bmaxin Enter the athlete. All of the athletes on the cut-off list may not enter the meet plus, according to the entry form, you will not be charged if the athlete is not accepted.
@bmaxin

Enter the athlete. All of the athletes on the cut-off list may not enter the meet plus, according to the entry form, you will not be charged if the athlete is not accepted.
02/17/2015 7:40:07 PM
Coach
You want to enter the athlete without a doubt.
You want to enter the athlete without a doubt.
02/18/2015 4:46:56 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Just to clarify, You will be charged if you enter an athlete, regardless if they get accepted or not, even if they don't hit the standard. A few years back, I had two athletes close to qualifying.. Their events were not full and we were told to enter anyone that was close to qualifying and they would be considered, so I entered them, they did not fill the fields or accept any additions to those who qualified and charged me for entering them...I had to explain to my athletic director why they had to pay for athletes that did not compete, and to make it even worse, one was only .01 off the mark..
Just to clarify, You will be charged if you enter an athlete, regardless if they get accepted or not, even if they don't hit the standard. A few years back, I had two athletes close to qualifying.. Their events were not full and we were told to enter anyone that was close to qualifying and they would be considered, so I entered them, they did not fill the fields or accept any additions to those who qualified and charged me for entering them...I had to explain to my athletic director why they had to pay for athletes that did not compete, and to make it even worse, one was only .01 off the mark..
02/18/2015 4:56:45 PM
Coach
The wording below is taken directly from the entry form for the Indoor State Meet: "You may enter a performance that is close but does not meet the guideline. However, THESE DO NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE. You will only be charged for those entries accepted" In past years there were no refunds for rejected entries; that seems to have changed.
The wording below is taken directly from the entry form for the Indoor State Meet:

"You may enter a performance that is close but does not meet the guideline. However, THESE DO NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE. You will only be charged for those entries accepted"

In past years there were no refunds for rejected entries; that seems to have changed.
02/18/2015 6:46:19 PM
User
They have to change it this year. It's not like there is a time standard with a definitive yes or no. Realistically there is going to be a ton of scratches, especially in distance events.
They have to change it this year. It's not like there is a time standard with a definitive yes or no. Realistically there is going to be a ton of scratches, especially in distance events.
02/19/2015 9:29:23 AM
Coach
@merbz96 In the past, when you mailed a check along with the hard-copy for entered athletes, the PTFCA would have had to make refunds to scores of teams. They never went to the trouble of doing that. Now, with electronic entry, you pay with a check the day of the meet for only your accepted athletes. No need for refunds.
@merbz96

In the past, when you mailed a check along with the hard-copy for entered athletes, the PTFCA would have had to make refunds to scores of teams. They never went to the trouble of doing that. Now, with electronic entry, you pay with a check the day of the meet for only your accepted athletes. No need for refunds.
02/19/2015 10:42:16 AM
Coach
They should change that policy for good...It's total BS.
They should change that policy for good...It's total BS.
02/21/2015 9:47:23 PM
User
Any idea what time accepted entries will be available tomorrow? Anywhere that we can find a list of what the qualifying situation looks like?
Any idea what time accepted entries will be available tomorrow? Anywhere that we can find a list of what the qualifying situation looks like?
02/22/2015 12:36:21 PM
Coach
Should be posted this afternoon or evening.
Should be posted this afternoon or evening.
02/23/2015 10:57:55 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
On another note is format still same for the 60 prelims semi final?
On another note is format still same for the 60 prelims semi final?
02/23/2015 1:13:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
What about heat sheets are they sending that info out @1941
02/23/2015 1:31:20 PM
Coach
[quote=tpoetic]What about heat sheets are they sending that info out @1941[/quote] @tpoetic In the past, you did not get an official heat sheet until you picked up your packet at PSU.
poetic wrote:

@tpoetic

In the past, you did not get an official heat sheet until you picked up your packet at PSU.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.