Butler Invitational - 53rd Annual 2017
04/13/2017 10:11:43 PM
Coach
I appreciate the effort to keep the field smaller by establishing a standard for the third entry from the schools so that we can get home before midnight, but I'd like to know what invitationals you guys looked at to establish those girls standards. They seem really high in comparison to those set for the boys. Many - maybe most - of those standards would earn a girl a place in the top 8 at even some of the largest invitationals in western PA including this one.
I appreciate the effort to keep the field smaller by establishing a standard for the third entry from the schools so that we can get home before midnight, but I'd like to know what invitationals you guys looked at to establish those girls standards. They seem really high in comparison to those set for the boys. Many - maybe most - of those standards would earn a girl a place in the top 8 at even some of the largest invitationals in western PA including this one.
04/14/2017 10:21:55 PM
User
I think that's the point. They don't want you to enter three, unless you have three that can place
I think that's the point. They don't want you to enter three, unless you have three that can place
04/20/2017 11:58:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
How about the two mile cutoff for the morning vs. evening session? It would be nice to know this in advance especially for family.
How about the two mile cutoff for the morning vs. evening session? It would be nice to know this in advance especially for family.
04/22/2017 12:17:47 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I belive the standard was established by using the results over the past several years. This event host most of the better teams in Western Pa. Average times and distances would be higher than most Invitationals
I belive the standard was established by using the results over the past several years. This event host most of the better teams in Western Pa. Average times and distances would be higher than most Invitationals

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.