Article Comment: Cross-Country Coaches Association of Texas POLL
09/10/2009 5:29:57 PM
User
That is some bull crap. Magnolia West killed Brenham Last Thursday and aren't even ranked!!!
That is some bull crap. Magnolia West killed Brenham Last Thursday and aren't even ranked!!!
09/10/2009 6:36:50 PM
User
Take it for what it is - a coaches poll. They polled cross country coaches and that is what the coaches came up with. Some coaches are realistic, some are self-serving, some will hold grudges and not vote for a team, no matter how good that team is, or the coaches vote for a team over others, knowing others are better.
Take it for what it is - a coaches poll. They polled cross country coaches and that is what the coaches came up with. Some coaches are realistic, some are self-serving, some will hold grudges and not vote for a team, no matter how good that team is, or the coaches vote for a team over others, knowing others are better.
09/10/2009 8:23:25 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Or it could be because Brenham ran a partial squad. They only graduated one runner from their regional 2nd place team last year and last year's #4 finished 2nd on the team at Magnolia in something like 15th place. They probably had their 2 and 3 out. Maybe more than that. It is possible that the 4A coaches looked, didn't see any familiar names of returnees, and figured it was a partial squad meet.
Or it could be because Brenham ran a partial squad.

They only graduated one runner from their regional 2nd place team last year and last year's #4 finished 2nd on the team at Magnolia in something like 15th place. They probably had their 2 and 3 out. Maybe more than that.

It is possible that the 4A coaches looked, didn't see any familiar names of returnees, and figured it was a partial squad meet.
09/13/2009 1:08:04 AM
User
Does anyone know why they don't have an "Others Receiving Votes" section this year? That was very helpful last year to see which teams were just on the edge.
Does anyone know why they don't have an "Others Receiving Votes" section this year? That was very helpful last year to see which teams were just on the edge.
09/14/2009 1:16:40 PM
Coach
I did not include them this week because the votes were extremely scattered. 5A alone would have listed about 30 schools, I will start putting them back as the list narrows and everyone starts to get a feel for what everyone else has.
I did not include them this week because the votes were extremely scattered. 5A alone would have listed about 30 schools, I will start putting them back as the list narrows and everyone starts to get a feel for what everyone else has.
09/14/2009 4:27:06 PM
Coach
Coach Park-check PMs
Coach Park-check PMs

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.