Coaches tool kit
12/30/2010 6:14:52 PM
Power User
I am opening this post to anything web based or tech that can help a coach get better at delivering good training day in and day out. Please feel free to add to the list Below I have started with just a couple websites you will find useful www.elitetrack.com iaaf.org go to their new study in athletics database great for developing workouts www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm www.speedendurance.com great for research and podcasts https://apps.rampinteractive.com/athleticscoaching/ high end research Verkhoshansky.com Quality news about the sport http://www.athletics-weekly.com/ Gossip www.letsrun.com
I am opening this post to anything web based or tech that can help a coach get better at delivering good training day in and day out. Please feel free to add to the list

Below I have started with just a couple websites you will find useful

www.elitetrack.com

iaaf.org go to their new study in athletics database

great for developing workouts
www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm

www.speedendurance.com

great for research and podcasts
https://apps.rampinteractive.com/athleticscoaching/

high end research
Verkhoshansky.com

Quality news about the sport
http://www.athletics-weekly.com/

Gossip
www.letsrun.com
12/30/2010 9:18:01 PM
User
If believe creed that 'whatever everyone believes is invariably wrong', or stated differently 'when everyone thinks the same, no one is thinking' ... browse at your leisure! For the rest, consider making 2011 the year to question commonly-held beliefs. Boddicker Performance facilitates maximal athletic achievement through personalized application of leading edge methodologies delivered with an unrelenting dedication to our athletes: http://boddickerperformance.com/
If believe creed that 'whatever everyone believes is invariably wrong', or stated differently 'when everyone thinks the same, no one is thinking' ... browse at your leisure! For the rest, consider making 2011 the year to question commonly-held beliefs.

Boddicker Performance facilitates maximal athletic achievement through personalized application of leading edge methodologies delivered with an unrelenting dedication to our athletes:
http://boddickerperformance.com/
12/31/2010 7:39:39 AM
Power User
Sport science Www.jssm.org Www.flotrack.com workout wednesdays under coverage link on their site is amazing
Sport science

Www.jssm.org

Www.flotrack.com workout wednesdays under coverage link on their site is amazing
12/31/2010 10:16:38 AM
Coach
@Pvajdic As opposed to those of us who strife to deliver sub-maximal performance in a negatively charged environment relying on horse and buggy methodologies. Gotta call it like it is... suneska
@Pvajdic

As opposed to those of us who strife to deliver sub-maximal performance in a negatively charged environment relying on horse and buggy methodologies.

Gotta call it like it is...
suneska
12/31/2010 1:24:22 PM
User
@suneska You made my day; thanks for the chuckle - very important to remember the "art" of coaching and that all of us strive to improve, but not necessarily jump at every new wave of innovation!!!
@suneska

You made my day; thanks for the chuckle - very important to remember the "art" of coaching and that all of us strive to improve, but not necessarily jump at every new wave of innovation!!!
12/31/2010 1:57:31 PM
Power User
These above mentioned items are offered up to be helpful. Many of the above mentioned items created by other coaches that coach at many levels like us. Not all of us will coach an all american but all of us will get a chance to coach an all state kid. More experience we have as we coach will of course give us the ability to sniff out information that has no substance. On the other side of the coin I believe if you don't spend some time reading and continue to learn that is a problem too.
These above mentioned items are offered up to be helpful. Many of the above mentioned items created by other coaches that coach at many levels like us. Not all of us will coach an all american but all of us will get a chance to coach an all state kid. More experience we have as we coach will of course give us the ability to sniff out information that has no substance. On the other side of the coin I believe if you don't spend some time reading and continue to learn that is a problem too.
01/02/2011 4:18:58 PM
User
Appended monkey behavior study provides insight into the staying power of taught behavior (paradigm) and resistance to viewing such activity thru prism of critical thinking. It is submitted with hope of making some one's day. - - - - - Wikianswers article URL http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_monkey_banana_and_water_spray_experiment_ever_take_place The Monkey Banana and Water Spray Experiment The experiment is real (scientific study cited below) The experiment involved 5 monkeys (10 altogether, including replacements), a cage, a banana, a ladder and, an ice cold water hose. The Experiment- Part 1 5 monkeys are locked in a cage, a banana was hung from the ceiling and a ladder was placed right underneath it. As predicted, immediately, one of the monkeys would race towards the ladder, to grab the banana. However, as soon as he would start to climb, the researcher would spray the monkey with ice-cold water. but here's the kicker- In addition, he would also spray the other four monkeys… When a second monkey tried to climb the ladder, the researcher would, again, spray the monkey with ice-cold water, As well as the other four watching monkeys; This was repeated again and again until they learned their lesson: Climbing equals scary cold water for EVERYONE so No One Climbs the ladder. The Experiment- Part 2 Once the 5 monkeys knew the drill, the researcher replaced one of the monkeys with a new inexperienced one. As predicted, the new monkey spots the banana, and goes for the ladder. BUT, the other four monkeys, knowing the drill, jumped on the new monkey and beat him up. The beat up new guy thus Learns- NO going for the ladder and No Banana Period- without even knowing why! and also without ever being sprayed with water! These actions get repeated with 3 more times, with a new monkey each time and ASTONISHINGLY each new monkey- who had never received the cold-water Spray himself (and didn't even know anything about it), would Join the beating up of the New guy. This is a classic example of Mob Mentality- bystanders and outsiders uninvolved with the fight- join in...Just Because. When the researcher replaced a third monkey, the same thing happened; likewise for the fourth until, eventually, all the monkeys had been replaced and none of the original ones are left in the cage (that had been sprayed by water). The Experiment- Part 3 Again, a new monkey was introduced into the cage. It ran toward the ladder only to get beaten up by the others. The monkey turns with a curious face asking "why do you beat me up when I try to get the banana?" The other four monkeys stopped and looked at each other puzzled (None of them had been sprayed and so they really had no clue why the new guy can't get the banana) but it didnt matter, it was too late, the rules had been set. And So, although they didn't know WHY, they beat up the monkey just because " that's the way we do things around here"… -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well, it seems to be true; not in the exact shape that it took here, but close enough, Below is a quotation from the experiment, in scientific Jargon: (sources cited below) "Stephenson (1967) trained adult male and female rhesus monkeys to avoid manipulating an object and then placed individual naïve animals in a cage with a trained individual of the same age and sex and the object in question. In one case, a trained male actually pulled his naïve partner away from the previously punished manipulandum during their period of interaction, whereas the other two trained males exhibited what were described as "threat facial expressions while in a fear posture" when a naïve animal approached the manipulandum. When placed alone in the cage with the novel object, naïve males that had been paired with trained males showed greatly reduced manipulation of the training object in comparison with controls. Unfortunately, training and testing were not carried out using a discrimination procedure so the nature of the transmitted information cannot be determined, but the data are of considerable interest." Sources: Stephenson, G. R. (1967). Cultural acquisition of a specific learned response among rhesus monkeys. In: Starek, D., Schneider, R., and Kuhn, H. J. (eds.), Progress in Primatology, Stuttgart: Fischer, pp. 279-288. mentioned in: Galef, B. G., Jr. (1976). Social Transmission of Acquired Behavior: A Discussion of Tradition and Social Learning in Vertebrates. In: Rosenblatt, J.S., Hinde, R.A., Shaw, E. and Beer, C. (eds.), Advances in the study of behavior, Vol. 6, New York: Academic Press, pp. 87-88: - - - - -
Appended monkey behavior study provides insight into the staying power of taught behavior (paradigm) and resistance to viewing such activity thru prism of critical thinking. It is submitted with hope of making some one's day.

* - - - -

Wikianswers article URL http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_monkey_banana_and_water_spray_experiment_ever_take_place

The Monkey Banana and Water Spray Experiment
The experiment is real (scientific study cited below)
The experiment involved 5 monkeys (10 altogether, including replacements), a cage, a banana, a ladder and, an ice cold water hose.

The Experiment- Part 1
5 monkeys are locked in a cage, a banana was hung from the ceiling and a ladder was placed right underneath it.
As predicted, immediately, one of the monkeys would race towards the ladder, to grab the banana. However, as soon as he would start to climb, the researcher would spray the monkey with ice-cold water.
but here's the kicker- In addition, he would also spray the other four monkeys…

When a second monkey tried to climb the ladder, the researcher would, again, spray the monkey with ice-cold water, As well as the other four watching monkeys;
This was repeated again and again until they learned their lesson:
Climbing equals scary cold water for EVERYONE so No One Climbs the ladder.

The Experiment- Part 2
Once the 5 monkeys knew the drill, the researcher replaced one of the monkeys with a new inexperienced one. As predicted, the new monkey spots the banana, and goes for the ladder. BUT, the other four monkeys, knowing the drill, jumped on the new monkey and beat him up. The beat up new guy thus Learns- NO going for the ladder and No Banana Period- without even knowing why! and also without ever being sprayed with water!

These actions get repeated with 3 more times, with a new monkey each time and ASTONISHINGLY each new monkey- who had never received the cold-water Spray himself (and didn't even know anything about it), would Join the beating up of the New guy.
This is a classic example of Mob Mentality- bystanders and outsiders uninvolved with the fight- join in...Just Because.

When the researcher replaced a third monkey, the same thing happened; likewise for the fourth until, eventually, all the monkeys had been replaced and none of the original ones are left in the cage (that had been sprayed by water).

The Experiment- Part 3
Again, a new monkey was introduced into the cage. It ran toward the ladder only to get beaten up by the others. The monkey turns with a curious face asking "why do you beat me up when I try to get the banana?"
The other four monkeys stopped and looked at each other puzzled (None of them had been sprayed and so they really had no clue why the new guy can't get the banana) but it didnt matter, it was too late, the rules had been set. And So, although they didn't know WHY, they beat up the monkey just because " that's the way we do things around here"…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it seems to be true; not in the exact shape that it took here, but close enough,

Below is a quotation from the experiment, in scientific Jargon: (sources cited below)
"Stephenson (1967) trained adult male and female rhesus monkeys to avoid manipulating an object and then placed individual naïve animals in a cage with a trained individual of the same age and sex and the object in question. In one case, a trained male actually pulled his naïve partner away from the previously punished manipulandum during their period of interaction, whereas the other two trained males exhibited what were described as "threat facial expressions while in a fear posture" when a naïve animal approached the manipulandum. When placed alone in the cage with the novel object, naïve males that had been paired with trained males showed greatly reduced manipulation of the training object in comparison with controls. Unfortunately, training and testing were not carried out using a discrimination procedure so the nature of the transmitted information cannot be determined, but the data are of considerable interest."

Sources:
Stephenson, G. R. (1967). Cultural acquisition of a specific learned response among rhesus monkeys. In: Starek, D., Schneider, R., and Kuhn, H. J. (eds.), Progress in Primatology, Stuttgart: Fischer, pp. 279-288.

mentioned in: Galef, B. G., Jr. (1976). Social Transmission of Acquired Behavior: A Discussion of Tradition and Social Learning in Vertebrates. In: Rosenblatt, J.S., Hinde, R.A., Shaw, E. and Beer, C. (eds.), Advances in the study of behavior, Vol. 6, New York: Academic Press, pp. 87-88:
* - - - -
01/03/2011 3:21:57 PM
Power User
http://www.megaupload.com/ is a great website if you are wanting to share large documents and dont have a flash drive handy at a conference. Its quick to register and unlimited size on docs. Also with that in mind if you guys want some items I have collected from some of the above websites listed please let me know and I will send them to you through mega upload. Just shoot me an e-mail at rbanta@parkwayschools.net
http://www.megaupload.com/

is a great website if you are wanting to share large documents and dont have a flash drive handy at a conference. Its quick to register and unlimited size on docs. Also with that in mind if you guys want some items I have collected from some of the above websites listed please let me know and I will send them to you through mega upload. Just shoot me an e-mail at rbanta@parkwayschools.net
01/03/2011 9:37:54 PM
User
http://www.gambetta.com/blog.html Let Vern Gambetta tell you about himself and his coaching journey ... Thoughts on Coaching - 42 Years Later By Vern Gambetta Blog entry January 3, 2011 Today I begin my 42nd year of coaching. It has been a journey that is for sure. It seems like just yesterday that I walked out on that track at Santa Barbara high school. I was 21 years old, three years older than the seniors, scared spit less but still cocky, thinking I knew it all. No way in my wildest imagination did I think I would coach this long. I am almost 64 years old, now I know I don't know it all and definitely not cocky. Looking back I have many fond memories, some regrets, definitely some things I would do over or never have done. The fondest memories are not from wins or loses, but from the relationships, the people, the athlete’s and coaches that I have been fortunate to work with during this time. Looking back one of the biggest lesson that I learned is that coaching is not technical expertise, the X’s and O’s, it is about people. It is how you communicate and relate to those you work with. It is so trite to say, but we coach people who run, jump and throw, not runners, jumpers or throwers. Sometimes I lost sight of that. I also have learned how important it is to take time to slow down to stop and smell the roses (Still struggling to reconcile this). It is so easy to get caught up in preparing the athlete, winning games and meets or losing them, quickly moving on to the next step while focusing on the big picture that you forget to take the journey step by step. Slow down, enjoy the process, and understand that sometimes you will have to take a step back to move forward. It has a way of working out as long as you know your destination, have a current road map, a working compass oriented to true north and a timetable, you will get there. If you don’t you will know why and be able to reorient and keep moving forward. I also learned in this journey that the path was much clearer and easy to navigate if I found people who had traveled the path before me, who had done what I wanted to do. A major turning point in my career was three days I spent with Tom Tellez (Coach at University of Houston) in January 1982. He completely changed the way I approached the track & field events from a technical perspective. I distinctly remember him telling me that he had invited me so I did not have to make the same mistakes he had made, so that I could learn from his mistakes. He saved me a lot of years, as have others. For those people I very thankful. You have to be yourself. Know who you are and why you coach. Know why your athletes participate. Constantly evaluate yourself. Be brutally honest in your self-evaluation. That is the only way you can improve as a coach and as a person. Today, January 3, 2011 is the only January 3, 2011 there will ever be. Make today special. I am very fortunate I get to coach this morning so it is starting out special!
http://www.gambetta.com/blog.html

Let Vern Gambetta tell you about himself and his coaching journey ...

Thoughts on Coaching - 42 Years Later
By Vern Gambetta Blog entry January 3, 2011

Today I begin my 42nd year of coaching. It has been a journey that is for sure. It seems like just yesterday that I walked out on that track at Santa Barbara high school. I was 21 years old, three years older than the seniors, scared spit less but still cocky, thinking I knew it all. No way in my wildest imagination did I think I would coach this long. I am almost 64 years old, now I know I don't know it all and definitely not cocky. Looking back I have many fond memories, some regrets, definitely some things I would do over or never have done. The fondest memories are not from wins or loses, but from the relationships, the people, the athlete's and coaches that I have been fortunate to work with during this time. Looking back one of the biggest lesson that I learned is that coaching is not technical expertise, the X's and O's, it is about people. It is how you communicate and relate to those you work with. It is so trite to say, but we coach people who run, jump and throw, not runners, jumpers or throwers. Sometimes I lost sight of that.
I also have learned how important it is to take time to slow down to stop and smell the roses (Still struggling to reconcile this). It is so easy to get caught up in preparing the athlete, winning games and meets or losing them, quickly moving on to the next step while focusing on the big picture that you forget to take the journey step by step. Slow down, enjoy the process, and understand that sometimes you will have to take a step back to move forward. It has a way of working out as long as you know your destination, have a current road map, a working compass oriented to true north and a timetable, you will get there. If you don't you will know why and be able to reorient and keep moving forward.
I also learned in this journey that the path was much clearer and easy to navigate if I found people who had traveled the path before me, who had done what I wanted to do. A major turning point in my career was three days I spent with Tom Tellez (Coach at University of Houston) in January 1982. He completely changed the way I approached the track & field events from a technical perspective. I distinctly remember him telling me that he had invited me so I did not have to make the same mistakes he had made, so that I could learn from his mistakes. He saved me a lot of years, as have others. For those people I very thankful.
You have to be yourself. Know who you are and why you coach. Know why your athletes participate. Constantly evaluate yourself. Be brutally honest in your self-evaluation. That is the only way you can improve as a coach and as a person.
Today, January 3, 2011 is the only January 3, 2011 there will ever be. Make today special. I am very fortunate I get to coach this morning so it is starting out special!
01/03/2011 11:29:58 PM
Power User
Vern website is a good one and it happens to be broadcast on www.elitetrack.com both are well done
Vern website is a good one and it happens to be broadcast on www.elitetrack.com both are well done
01/04/2011 4:34:45 PM
Coach
http://www.marathonperformance.com/ Brad Hudson's site that has much, much more than just marathon stuff. Great articles on 800 and XC training right now. This is a great thread. Maybe Paul could create a corner of the site for a database of coaching resources.
http://www.marathonperformance.com/

Brad Hudson's site that has much, much more than just marathon stuff. Great articles on 800 and XC training right now. This is a great thread. Maybe Paul could create a corner of the site for a database of coaching resources.
01/12/2011 3:48:02 PM
Power User
I want to include a list of coaches who I know are great at coaching different events in the state that are willing to share and mentor. Now if you want to contact them and pick their brain that is up to you but these coaches are good at what they do! If you ask or if you watch what they do you cant help but learn. These are also people who I know once and a while come on here and post. This is just a starter list add to this list if you would like! :) Program Management Phil Wollinbrinck McCluer Tom Gose Lindbergh Steve Wachter Jackson Coach Licklider Jefferson City Coach Ski Lafayette (Wildwood) Jake Holt East Newton Coach Vollmer Penny Sprints Phil Wollinbrinck McCluer Nick Buckvar/Sean Burris Ladue Tim Brooks Hazelwood East Vince Bingham KU Coach Kinney Parkway North Rodney Dobson St. Louis Blues Distance Both Kastens Herc Steve Davis Potosi Jessie Griffen LSW Both Careys Windsor and Lindbergh Paul Enke SLUH, Ft. Zum S, and Hazelwood Central Joe Bill Dixon West Plains Coach Hipp at Missouri State Tim Levine Ladue Hurdles Steve Warren Parkway Central Tom Gose Lindbergh Tim Carey Windsor Sean Burris Ladue Throws Brett Halter Mizzou Toney Edwards Summit and Marquette Coach Fortney Maryville U., Windsor, St. Clair Dick Cochren Lindenwood Pole Vault Jim Carey Lindbergh and Marquette Chris Moore Summit Geoff Hartwig MICDS Jumps Coach Jenkins McCluer Jim Lohr MICDS Tom Gose Lindbergh Stu Johnson Hickman Matt Candrl Owensville
I want to include a list of coaches who I know are great at coaching different events in the state that are willing to share and mentor. Now if you want to contact them and pick their brain that is up to you but these coaches are good at what they do! If you ask or if you watch what they do you cant help but learn. These are also people who I know once and a while come on here and post. This is just a starter list add to this list if you would like! :)

Program Management
Phil Wollinbrinck McCluer
Tom Gose Lindbergh
Steve Wachter Jackson
Coach Licklider Jefferson City
Coach Ski Lafayette (Wildwood)
Jake Holt East Newton
Coach Vollmer Penny

Sprints
Phil Wollinbrinck McCluer
Nick Buckvar/Sean Burris Ladue
Tim Brooks Hazelwood East
Vince Bingham KU
Coach Kinney Parkway North
Rodney Dobson St. Louis Blues

Distance
Both Kastens Herc
Steve Davis Potosi
Jessie Griffen LSW
Both Careys Windsor and Lindbergh
Paul Enke SLUH, Ft. Zum S, and Hazelwood Central
Joe Bill Dixon West Plains
Coach Hipp at Missouri State
Tim Levine Ladue

Hurdles
Steve Warren Parkway Central
Tom Gose Lindbergh
Tim Carey Windsor
Sean Burris Ladue

Throws
Brett Halter Mizzou
Toney Edwards Summit and Marquette
Coach Fortney Maryville U., Windsor, St. Clair
Dick Cochren Lindenwood

Pole Vault
Jim Carey Lindbergh and Marquette
Chris Moore Summit
Geoff Hartwig MICDS

Jumps
Coach Jenkins McCluer
Jim Lohr MICDS
Tom Gose Lindbergh
Stu Johnson Hickman
Matt Candrl Owensville
01/13/2011 9:49:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@bantazmo Not trying to be the spelling police, but I think the 1st, and to my knowledge only, human to vault 18' or higher over 100 times in competition spells his name Jeff Hartwig. Love what Bantzmo is trying to do here. Providing resources for all coaches is very important. I love and use often, various books and websites to tap into the expertise of people from all over the world. Having said that, I have found in my many years, that the best clinics I've ever attended took place over a burger after a meet or after a clinic with other coaches. As a young coach I thought the coaches that I looked up to wouldn't care or take the time to share. I was dead wrong. I've talked with National Coaches of the year, Olympic coaches from several countries, college coaches from across the country and almost invariably they are open and willing to share. If you are a coach, young or old, I would take bantazmo's advice and just introduce yourself and ask. I know Vern Gmbetta was mentioned earlier. I've never met him but have read his writings. If he is still in Sarasota, FL. and you are ever in the area, I'd drop him a line and ask to take him to lunch. I bet you would be excited with the response. Adding to bantazmo's list off the top of my head, I would certainly include Greg Beckmeyer of Lafayette to the throws list. Nino Fennoy,East St. Louis, seems to have been pretty successful with hurdlers (Olympic Champion Dawn Harper), sprinters, horizontal jumpers, multi's,(Jackie Joyner), etc. Harry Lineberry, Neosho, distance. About 2/3's of the distance coaches in KC, at least it seems that way. Also, Coach Cary was listed in the pole vault. Knowing him pretty well, I'm sure he would tell you that he has worked very hard the last few years to improve his coaching in the pole vault. I would also feel safe in saying that he would also put Lane Lohr (Washington U./St. Louis), Rusty Breoderick (Fox, Wash. U., Fla. International, currently Parkway South), Don Knapp (Rolla), Roger Fisher (Lafayette) and Aaron Moser (M-F Athletics) ahead of himself as he's learn greatly from each of them. I also noticed this list is pretty male dominated. I would suggest there are female coaches who could add to anyone's coaching repertoire. Roberta McWoods (Kirkwood), Mary Hesskamp (Helias), Kalie Fisher (Eureka) are people I have learned from or would be interested in consulting. I'm sure many others are available. Also, if I misinterpreted Pvajdic's posts I apologize, but I took it to imply that coaches on this board, just keep doing the same old things and aren't looking for cutting edge info to improve their coaching. I know most of the coaches bantazmo listed personally, and I can assure you if you want to beat them, you had better dedicate yourself to growing. That doesn't even bring to mind the many young coaches who are pushing their rears to prove themselves. Simple example, sit down and talk with Jim Wilder or Tom Gose from Lindbergh and mention functional movement, stretching, message, etc., etc. If your head isn't spinning when they finish hours later, then you are way ahead of me. There is a lot of cutting edge training going on with Missouri athletes. If I misinterpreted the posts, then I again apologize. Interested to see others posts of coaches I need to consult and of course apologize for leaving off names while posting without making a list.
@bantazmo

Not trying to be the spelling police, but I think the 1st, and to my knowledge only, human to vault 18' or higher over 100 times in competition spells his name Jeff Hartwig.

Love what Bantzmo is trying to do here. Providing resources for all coaches is very important. I love and use often, various books and websites to tap into the expertise of people from all over the world. Having said that, I have found in my many years, that the best clinics I've ever attended took place over a burger after a meet or after a clinic with other coaches. As a young coach I thought the coaches that I looked up to wouldn't care or take the time to share. I was dead wrong. I've talked with National Coaches of the year, Olympic coaches from several countries, college coaches from across the country and almost invariably they are open and willing to share. If you are a coach, young or old, I would take bantazmo's advice and just introduce yourself and ask. I know Vern Gmbetta was mentioned earlier. I've never met him but have read his writings. If he is still in Sarasota, FL. and you are ever in the area, I'd drop him a line and ask to take him to lunch. I bet you would be excited with the response.

Adding to bantazmo's list off the top of my head, I would certainly include Greg Beckmeyer of Lafayette to the throws list. Nino Fennoy,East St. Louis, seems to have been pretty successful with hurdlers (Olympic Champion Dawn Harper), sprinters, horizontal jumpers, multi's,(Jackie Joyner), etc. Harry Lineberry, Neosho, distance. About 2/3's of the distance coaches in KC, at least it seems that way.

Also, Coach Cary was listed in the pole vault. Knowing him pretty well, I'm sure he would tell you that he has worked very hard the last few years to improve his coaching in the pole vault. I would also feel safe in saying that he would also put
Lane Lohr (Washington U./St. Louis), Rusty Breoderick (Fox, Wash. U., Fla. International, currently Parkway South), Don Knapp (Rolla), Roger Fisher (Lafayette) and Aaron Moser (M-F Athletics) ahead of himself as he's learn greatly from each of them.

I also noticed this list is pretty male dominated. I would suggest there are female coaches who could add to anyone's coaching repertoire. Roberta McWoods (Kirkwood), Mary Hesskamp (Helias), Kalie Fisher (Eureka) are people I have learned from or would be interested in consulting. I'm sure many others are available.

Also, if I misinterpreted Pvajdic's posts I apologize, but I took it to imply that coaches on this board, just keep doing the same old things and aren't looking for cutting edge info to improve their coaching. I know most of the coaches bantazmo listed personally, and I can assure you if you want to beat them, you had better dedicate yourself to growing. That doesn't even bring to mind the many young coaches who are pushing their rears to prove themselves. Simple example, sit down and talk with Jim Wilder or Tom Gose from Lindbergh and mention functional movement, stretching, message, etc., etc. If your head isn't spinning when they finish hours later, then you are way ahead of me. There is a lot of cutting edge training going on with Missouri athletes. If I misinterpreted the posts, then I again apologize.

Interested to see others posts of coaches I need to consult and of course apologize for leaving off names while posting without making a list.
01/18/2011 2:41:15 PM
Power User
Another awesome product from a master coach I think you would like this if you got some cash and want to spend it toward your own coaching development http://www.trackandfieldlegends.com/?hop=fjlee
Another awesome product from a master coach I think you would like this if you got some cash and want to spend it toward your own coaching development

http://www.trackandfieldlegends.com/?hop=fjlee
01/20/2011 6:43:55 PM
Power User
Itccca A wonderful set of resources. Follow the link below http://www.itccca.com/januaryclinic_toc.htm
Itccca

A wonderful set of resources. Follow the link below

http://www.itccca.com/januaryclinic_toc.htm
01/26/2011 9:19:46 AM
Power User
I know that most of you have seen this but just in case you missed it or you are a new coach. http://www.usatf.org/routes/ http://www.usatf.org/groups/Coaches/library/
I know that most of you have seen this but just in case you missed it or you are a new coach.

http://www.usatf.org/routes/

http://www.usatf.org/groups/Coaches/library/
02/11/2011 2:48:44 PM
Power User
Another interesting link if you are interested in the science of performance http://peakrunningperformance.com/docs/THE_ANATOMY_OF_A_MEDAL.htm Of course the site itself is very good too. http://peakrunningperformance.com/webpages/home.html
Another interesting link if you are interested in the science of performance

http://peakrunningperformance.com/docs/THE_ANATOMY_OF_A_MEDAL.htm

Of course the site itself is very good too.

http://peakrunningperformance.com/webpages/home.html
02/11/2011 4:26:42 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@bantazmo I think on Feb 28th this link shows my most valuable coaching tool this year. [url=http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?pcode=12425&cm_mmc=Tagged-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&cm_lm=&mr%3AreferralID=NA&mr%3AtrackingCode=NA]Link[/url]
@bantazmo
I think on Feb 28th this link shows my most valuable coaching tool this year.
Link
03/17/2011 3:55:48 PM
Power User
http://completetrackandfield.com/100-meter-training/ another awesome link
http://completetrackandfield.com/100-meter-training/

another awesome link
03/24/2011 11:49:09 PM
Power User
http://www.sacspeed.com/ A great link for those of us who are fans of the Boo from LSU
http://www.sacspeed.com/

A great link for those of us who are fans of the Boo from LSU

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.