Friday April 24, 2020
Rain Date Saturday April 25th
East Stroudsburg South High School
Enclosed is the meet schedule/information for our Cavalier Invitational (Friday, April 24, 2020) Deadline for intent to compete will be March 27th. We will accept the first 11 Schools. This will be an opportunity to obtain qualifying times and distances for league and district championships. This meet will be using fully automatic timing (FAT).
1. Location: The track and field facility is directly behind the ESHS South High School.
School Address: 279 North Courtland Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
GPS Address for Stadium: 200 Elizabeth Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Throws Location: Throwing events contested on the field directly next to the track.
2. Facility: 400-meter euro-tan surface. Eight 42" lanes around the entire track. We have one long/triple jump pit. All jumps are on inside of track. Javelin is thrown off of an all-weather runway.
3. Equipment: Bring your own implements and poles. Starting blocks will be provided.
4. Shoes: 1/4 " Spikes or less on all-weather surfaces, including the javelin runway (shoes will be checked.)
5. Entry Fee: $40.00 per event per individual/$30.00 per relay/Team entries: $150.00 per team ($300 combined boys and girls). Make check payable to East Stroudsburg School District (if you're mailing it ahead of time, please send it to:
Attn: Denise Rogers, Athletic Director
279 North Courtland Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
6. Entry Procedure: We will be using Milesplit (access through PennTrack web-site). Entries are due Thursday, April 25th by 12PM.
Maximum entries per school: Sprints=2, Distance= 2 (800m and longer), Field Events=2, Jumps= 2, Relays=1 team/event
Shot, Disc and Javelin: 3 throws, no final. Long and Triple Jumps 3 attempts, no final. One relay team per event PLEASE have your athletes check-in at first call so we can keep the meet moving (field event checking will be held at the site...running events clerked at tent beyond finish line). We CANNOT do any additions on the day of the meet...YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER! COACHES SHOULD SCRATCH ATHLETES NOT COMPETING!
7. Awards: Medals to the top 3 in each individual event and top 3 for relays. Meet Scoring (top 6) 10-8-6-4-2-1... Winning teams receive trophies. (First places only)
8. Food concessions will be available throughout the day. Event T-shirts will also be sold.
9. Pole Vault/High Jump Opening Heights:
Boys Pole Vault 10'6 High Jump 5'3
Girls Pole Vault 7'6 High Jump 4'3
- No discussions yet. Be the first!