2020 Westmoreland County Cross Country Championships
Sorry, but no spectators are allowed per WCCC and to stay under the PIAA 250 person cap.
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020
Meet start times:
Varsity Girls 1:00pm Varsity Boys 2:30pm
Teams may enter up to 12 athletes per varsity race.
Location: Westmoreland County Community College
Timing Company: Gingerbread Man Running Company
Cost to Participate: $200/team ($100 boys + $100 girls)
Checks payable to Greensburg Central Catholic
Awards: Top 20 runners will receive a medal and t-shirt
Live Stream: Meet management is exploring options to live stream portions of the race. There is no guarantee this will work out, but we are trying. Information on live stream will be provided a few days prior to the race.
1. Athletes should bring their own individual water. No water will be provided by the meet.
2. No spectators at the meet.This is a PIAA and WCCC policy.
3. Athletes and coaches must wear facemasks at all times. Athletes may remove their facemasks for warmup and competition.
4. All athletes and coaches must sign the appropriate waiver (adult or minor waiver) and turn in as a team at registration. You will not be allowed into the meet without a signed waiver.
5. All coaches must document their team's temperature screening and COVID symptom checks on the day of the meet. Anybody with a temperature greater than 100.4 F or an answer of "yes" to a screening question will not be allowed at WCCC.
6. All athletes and coaches should maintain social distancing of at least 6-feet.
7. No team tents are allowed. The staggered start will minimize the time the athletes are in the sun (i.e. they're not waiting around for hours for their race).
8. All teams will be spaced 6-feet apart from other teams at the race start.
9. Awards and t-shirts will be given to the coaches at the end of the day. They will be not be distributed to the athletes on race day.
10. Each of the races are expected to have between 80 and 100 athletes. Total attendees will remain below 250
- No discussions yet. Be the first!