RESULTS WILL BE PUBLISHED AFTER WPIAL TEAM FINALS ON WEDNESDAY MAY 12, 2021
2021 Track & Field WPIAL AAA Team Playoff Semi @ Norwin HS (MEET INFORMATION)
Please register for the playoff meet on Tuesday May 4, 2021. The deadline is 8:00 pm on Monday May 3, 2021.
The point of registering is to allow our timing system to complete the ENTIRE MEET online--scoring and results. I know this is a bit of a new process for playoffs, but this will allow ALL ATHLETES to be in the meet and expedite everything and eliminate any hand scoring errors. We ran playoff meet in this format in 2019 and it worked well.
- MAY ENTER UP TO 6 ATHLETES PER EVENT.....COMPETE ONLY 3!!! This allows coaches flexibility of adjusting line up for injuries or strategy. You do NOT need to enter athletes for relays. We will use notecards.
- SEEDING: Meet will be seeded ahead with lanes and rotation of teams on the track and in the field. If 4 teams, each team will get 2 runners in first heat and additional runner in 2nd heat. If 3 teams, then each team gets 2 runners in first heat and additional runners in heat 2. (Fastest runners are to race in first heat) Pre-seeded Team Order rotation will continue for all track and field events.
- Meet workers will CLERK athletes in when they are on track for the race. For instance, athletes will clerk in for 100m Dash and each team will declare which runners are running and lane assignments will be designated (Johnson, Franklin Regional, Lane 1........Smith, Norwin, Lane 2, etc.). Once athletes clerked in, the sheet will be run to the trailer to enter lanes on computer. When we ran this playoff meet in 2019 and this year for dual meets, the system has worked equitable and fair. Field Events need to do nothing different. Athletes go to his or her event and do jumps and throws and it's recorded just like an Invitational. Same with distance events and relays. We would just mark which athletes are NOT starting the race based on hip numbers. Ex/ if each team enters 5 kids for mile, then we have 20 hip numbers. Only 12 can compete. So we would just mark the kids NOT competing. There will be no delay for this.
- ONLY ATHLETES entered may compete in events. It's unlimited event entry, so if you want to sign a kid up for 10 events you can, but they can only compete in 4 events as usual.
- If you have any changes to computer entries, it must be done prior to Coaches Meeting at 2:30 pm.
- ALL ENTRIES will be public on meet page. Just click on the "ENTRIES" button. This way there is no advantage to any team.
I hope this all makes sense. If it does NOT or have any QUESTIONS please email Coach Fleckenstein (email@example.com). I will email or call you back with a response.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!