MARS 7th/8th Grade
TRACK AND FIELD INVITATIONAL
Welcome to the Annual Mars 7th/8th Grade Track and Field Invitational.
Coaches meeting at 1:15pm PLEASE BE PROMPT
1. All field events and 100-meter semis will begin at 2:00PM.
2. Top 12 fastest times go to finals in 100/hurdles/200.
2. All competitors may enter a maximum of four events.
3. Each contestant will be allowed 4 attempts in the field. No finals in field events.
4. Enter only two (2) per event.
5. The top 6 finishers in all events will receive awards.
Scoring for the meet will be 10-8-6-4-2-1 for first through sixth respectively.
The following awards will be given:
o Medals to the first six places
o Boys and Girls team championship plaques
o Boys and Girls team runner-up plaques
o Boys and Girls MVP track plaques
o Boys and Girls MVP field plaques
Total points in track or field will determine the MVP awards honoring the outstanding performers. The
team and runner-up trophies will be awarded at the conclusion of the meet. All are encouraged to stay
and honor the award winners.
6. 1/8 pin spikes only
7. Starting blocks will be provided.
8. Come dressed / no showers
9. Concession stand will be open all day, as will restroom facilities. T-shirts will be sold.
10. We plan to be finished by 8:00PM.
11. Each school is responsible to police their area before leaving.
12. Each team boy/girl will be assigned an event to work.
13. Any coach, athlete, spectator not competing or officiating is not allowed on the field and is subject to
disqualification or removal from the stadium.
Mars 7th/8th Grade Invitational 2019
ORDER OF EVENTS
(Awards will follow each final event.)
1:15PM Registration and Coaches Meeting
2:00PM ALL FIELD EVENTS
2:00PM 100 Meter Dash Girls/Boys
100 LH Girls
110 HH Boys
3200 Meter Relay Girls
200 Meter Dash Girls/Boys
3200 Meter Relay Boys
110 Meter HH Boys Finals
100 Meter LH Girls Finals
100 Meter Dash Finals Girls/Boys
1600 Meter Girls Boys
400 Meter Relay Girls/Boys
. 400 Meter Girls/Boys
800 Meter Girls/Boys
200 Meter Finals Girls/Boys
3200 Meter Finals Girls/Boys
1600 Meter Relay Girls/Boys
FIELD EVENTS TIME SCHEDULE
2:00PM...... Pole Vault Boys/Girls
Discus Boys Long Jump Girls
High Jump Boys Shot Put Girls
Triple Jump Boys
3:30PM....... Long Jump Boys Discus Girls
Shot Put Boys High Jump Girls
4:30PM. Triple Jump Girls
*Both pits will be used for the jumping events.
The pole vault will begin at 7 for boys and will be raised at 6 intervals.
The pole vault will begin at 6 for girls and will be raised at 6 intervals.
The boys high jump will begin at 48 and will be raised at 2 intervals.
The girls high jump will begin at 4 and will be raised at 2 intervals.
In the shot put, discus, long jump and triple jump, each competitor will receive 4 throws or jumps.
2019 Mars Track and Field Invitationals
Plans are being made for the
47th Annual Mars High School Track and Field Invitational
26th Annual Mars Junior High School Track and Field Invitational
If you are interested in attending, please fill out and return the bottom portion of this letter, along with your entry fee payable to Mars Athletic Dept. Please respond by April 18, 2019
Mars High Boys/Girls Track and Field InvitationalGrades 9-12
Friday, April 26, 2019 1:00pm(Coaches meeting 12:00pm)
Boys and GirlsFEE: $300.00
Boys OnlyFEE: $150.00
Girls OnlyFEE: $150.00
Please print clearly.
Mars Junior High Boys/Girls Track and Field InvitationalGrades 7-8
Thursday, April 25, 2019 2:00pm(Coaches meeting 1:00pm)
Boys and GirlsFEE:$250.00
Please print clearly.
Return form and entry fee to:Scott D. Heinauer
Mars Area High School
520 Route 228
Mars PA 16046