56th Annual Butler Golden Tornado Varsity Invitational
Meet Date: Friday April 17, 2020
Entry Deadline: Wednesday April 15, 2020 at Noon - online entry thru Penn Track XC
Meet Registration: Once the meet is closed-additional entries will not be accepted. There will be "no day of the meet" additions. Scratches will be done at the coaches' meeting and at the finish line tent.
Registration/Check In begins at : 10:30 AM Coaches' Meeting: 11:15 AM
Field events start: 12:15 PM Running events start: 12:15 PM.
We will use a rolling time schedule - listen to the calls for your events.
Meet Director: John Williams (724) 272-3903 email@example.com
Facilities: Butler Area School District (Art Bernardi Stadium); all-weather track, turf infield, 2 jumping runways, 2 pole vault pits, 1 high jump pit, Javelin is grass surface
Entries: There will be a limit of two (2)individuals from a single school per track & field event. You may enter a third participant if, and only if, all entrants from your school in that event are capable ofmeeting the standards below. If not - we will scratch them.
Relays: One (1) relay per event per school
Meet Management: Hy-Tek Meet Manager. Results posted on PennTrack XC
Individual Awards: Top 8 finishers will receive Butler Invitational Olympic style custom medals. Individual Track MVP & Field MVP.
Team Awards: Champion & Runner-Up
Officiating: Each team is asked to provide Coaches to assist in field events. A buffet dinner will be available to those volunteers and coaches.
Entry Fee:$130 per school team or $260 if both Boys & Girls Teams or $30 per Individual.
Entry Fee Payable to: Butler Area School District
Mail Registration Form and Entry Fee by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 to:
Butler High School Athletic Office -
Attn: Carolee Slomers
120 Campus Lane
Butler, PA 16001
Athletic Director: Bill Mylan 724-214-3231, firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax 724-287-8791
Meet Entry Standards for a school to enter three (3) in an event.
You may enter a third participant if, and only if, all entrants from your school in that event are capable of meeting the standard below. If not - we will scratch them. Be sure to add .24 for hand times!
Standard have been set by reviewing 12th thru 17th place at the last few invitational's.
One event follows the other with one break after the afternoon sections of the 200 Dash
All events Girls then Boys, except in the preliminary rounds of the 100/110 M Hurdles
1. 3200 Meter Relay
2. 100/110 Meter High Hurdle Trials* - Boys then Girls (Front Stretch)
100 Meter Dash Trials* - Girls then Boys (Back Stretch)
3. 3200 Meter Run - Afternoon sections- top 25 times run in the evening
4. 300 Intermediate Hurdles - Afternoon sections- top 24 times run in the evening
5. 800 Meter Run - Afternoon sections- top 24 times run in the evening
6. 200 Meter Dash - Afternoon sections - top 24 times run in the evening
- Short break to set up hurdles for Finals -
7. 100/110 Meter High Hurdle Finals*
8. 100 Meter Dash Finals*
9. 1600 Meter Run
10. 400 Meter Relay
11. 400 Meter Dash
12. 300 Intermediate Hurdles - Evening Sections - top 24 run in the evening
13. 800 Meter Run- Seeded - Evening Sections - top 24 run in the evening
14. 200 Meter Dash - Seeded - Evening Sections - top 24 times run in the evening
15. 3200 Meter Run - Evening sections- top25 times runin the evening
16. 1600 Meter Relay
Note: For the 100/110 Meter High Hurdles and 100 Meter Dash - will take 12 to the finals & will have a two heat
seeded final. 200 Meter Dash will be seeded and run as a final.
Field Events: 12:15 Start
Long Jump - Girls then Boys
Pole Vault - Girls then Boys
Triple Jump - Boys then Girls
High Jump - Boys then Girls
Shot Put - Girls then Boys
Discus - Boys then Girls
Javelin - Girls then Boys
Field Events: 3 trials and top 9 to finals
- No discussions yet. Be the first!