Goodbye to the goofy contributor scoring
08/17/2018 9:17:25 AM
User
It sometimes had contributors with thousands of points, and other times only a few point.
It sometimes had contributors with thousands of points, and other times only a few point.
08/17/2018 2:44:40 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@JimDillner I liked those! The thousands of points would always go to people uploading massive sets of photos. We'd get maybe three hundred for doing a post of short length. Hope you are doing well and looking forward to seeing D7 teams do great this year in XC at states along with probably LaSalle College High School boys winning it all the next two years (they have 4 rising juniors under 17:00 for 5K!). Yikes!
@JimDillner I liked those! The thousands of points would always go to people uploading massive sets of photos. We'd get maybe three hundred for doing a post of short length. Hope you are doing well and looking forward to seeing D7 teams do great this year in XC at states along with probably LaSalle College High School boys winning it all the next two years (they have 4 rising juniors under 17:00 for 5K!). Yikes!
08/18/2018 10:20:52 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@JimDillner @sverige55 Lol... I created those contributor rankings a long time ago. Trying to come up with some way to rate who was creating the most discussion + other contributions (like photos). I'm not sure they were ever accurate, but I did kind of like them.
@JimDillner @sverige55

Lol... I created those contributor rankings a long time ago. Trying to come up with some way to rate who was creating the most discussion + other contributions (like photos). I'm not sure they were ever accurate, but I did kind of like them.
08/19/2018 7:50:22 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@jason Hats off to you for the fun system! I enjoyed those immensely over the years! Like our own little family of track nuts!
@jason Hats off to you for the fun system! I enjoyed those immensely over the years! Like our own little family of track nuts!
08/19/2018 10:05:47 PM
User
@jason I log jogging into the training blogs on this site, and I often suspected that doing that was getting me points. I never knew for sure, but there were times when I wasn't very active on the site, but still was in the list of contributors. So was that right?
@jason

I log jogging into the training blogs on this site, and I often suspected that doing that was getting me points. I never knew for sure, but there were times when I wasn't very active on the site, but still was in the list of contributors.

So was that right?
08/19/2018 11:07:41 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@JimDillner It did not factor in training blogs. It factored in... * Number of messages you posted on the forum * Number of replies on topics that you started (meaning you started a good discussion) * Positive points if you liked another person's post * Positive (but less) points disliked another person's post * Negative points if your posts got disliked * Positive points if someone liked your post * Single Point for each photo uploaded * Big point bonus for any videos uploaded (users used to be able to add videos like from YouTube)
@JimDillner It did not factor in training blogs. It factored in...

* Number of messages you posted on the forum

* Number of replies on topics that you started (meaning you started a good discussion)

* Positive points if you liked another person's post

* Positive (but less) points disliked another person's post

* Negative points if your posts got disliked

* Positive points if someone liked your post

* Single Point for each photo uploaded

* Big point bonus for any videos uploaded (users used to be able to add videos like from YouTube)
08/20/2018 10:14:02 PM
User
@jason OK, well that seems very well designed. I don't know if this is true or not, but I suspect that Facebook took the place of the website for a lot of comments and discussion. I resisted that in a feeble attempt to not have all my online footprint linked together. Probably impossible.
@jason OK, well that seems very well designed.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I suspect that Facebook took the place of the website for a lot of comments and discussion. I resisted that in a feeble attempt to not have all my online footprint linked together. Probably impossible.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.