Scoring a "double-forfeit"
10/10/2018 9:50:36 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
One thing that drives me crazy is when coaches don't know how to score a meet. There was a meet in my area in which neither team had 5 runners. They instead scored it with each team having 4 runners and scored it as a 16-20 win for one of the teams. This is not correct. It should have been a double-forfeit with no score. I have also seen teams that almost give a "mercy" score to incomplete teams instead of scoring them as a forfeit. They score it as if the team had a "ghosty" fifth runner and score the other 4 places. Is this an issue in other areas of the state? This especially drives me crazy because when I coached, I took over a program that traditionally couldn't get a complete team together. I felt like I was the only person scoring it correctly as a forfeit. Our lone victory game when the other team only had 4 runners. Even though they took the top 4 spots, we won because they only had 4, but because of how the other coaches were scoring meets, it made me look like I scored it wrong to get a victory.
One thing that drives me crazy is when coaches don't know how to score a meet. There was a meet in my area in which neither team had 5 runners. They instead scored it with each team having 4 runners and scored it as a 16-20 win for one of the teams. This is not correct. It should have been a double-forfeit with no score. I have also seen teams that almost give a "mercy" score to incomplete teams instead of scoring them as a forfeit. They score it as if the team had a "ghosty" fifth runner and score the other 4 places.

Is this an issue in other areas of the state?

This especially drives me crazy because when I coached, I took over a program that traditionally couldn't get a complete team together. I felt like I was the only person scoring it correctly as a forfeit. Our lone victory game when the other team only had 4 runners. Even though they took the top 4 spots, we won because they only had 4, but because of how the other coaches were scoring meets, it made me look like I scored it wrong to get a victory.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.