Running down some of the weekend's top performances from meets in PA and beyond:
- At the Colonial Relays in at William & Mary College, Upper Dublin's Madison Langley-Walker won the 100-meter hurdles in 14.82, just off her own state leader.
- At the Pirate Invitational at Palisades High School, the host team's Lydia Bottelier started her outdoor season off in a big way with a win in the high jump, cleared 5-08 to match her PR. She is the reigning AA outdoor champ and indoor state champ. Central Bucks West's Jake Claricurzio ran 1:57.95 (PA#2) to win the boys' 800 meters.
- At the WCU Golden Ram Invitational, Great Valley's Amy Willig took second in the 800 meters in a PA#3 time of 2:19.18.
- At the Whippet Invitational at Downingtown West, Porsha Miles of Coatesville ran a PA#1 in the 100 meters, winning in 12.21.
- At the Athens Twin Rivers Invitational, Breana Gambrell of Athens Area won the long jump with a leap of 19-09 to better her own state leader in the event. Her teammate Emily Lunger jumped 5-04 (T-PA#3) in the high jump.
- At the Council Rock Kiwanis Invitational, the distance events ruled the day in Newtown. Rusty Kujdych of Neshaminy won the 1,500 meters in 4:06.81 (PA#2), Aidan Sauer of Pennsbury won the 800 meters in 1:57.50 (PA#1), and the Central Bucks East boys ran a PA#1 in the 4x800, winning in 8:01.44. The meet's "Outstanding Athlete" award went to Council Rock North's Michael Welde, who won the 100 meters (11.09) and 400 meters (49.64).
- At the Diamond State Relays in Middletown, Delaware, Saint Basil's Tia Taylor had a strong day. She won the long jump (19-3) and triple jump (36-10.5), both of which are PA#2 jumps. Penn Wood had a strong day as well, winning the 4x100, 4x200, and 4x400 on the girls' side. Elicia Moore was second in the 400 meters (PA#2 58.93) and Kyra Carroll won the 800 meters (PA#6 2:21.96). PW's Madda Ngaima swept the hurdles (110 and 300) on the boys' side.
- At the Don Wilhour Selinsgrove Classic, the throws stole the show. Piper Klinger from the hosts Selinsgrove won the discus with a PA#1 toss of 144-11. She took second in the shot put with a PA#3 throw of 42-07.25. Greenwood's Mallory Kauffman turned in the day's best throw, winning with a throw of 42-10.75 for a new PA#2. On the boys' side, Keith Dreese of Selinsgrove won both the shot put (PA#3 54-00.75) and the discus (PA#3 155-7).
- At the Haverford Invitational, some strong 1600s were thrown down. On the girls' side, Academy of Notre Dame's Jessica Schneider won in a PA#1 time of 5:06.97. In the boys' race, Ridley's Zack Forney won in a PA#2 time of 4:24.16.