Are only the top 18 entries accepted per event?
02/18/2020 3:04:46 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The entries page lists many more than 18 for each event, but the meet information states only 18 are accepted. If your athlete's seed ranks 19th or lower, does that mean they aren't actually accepted?
The entries page lists many more than 18 for each event, but the meet information states only 18 are accepted. If your athlete's seed ranks 19th or lower, does that mean they aren't actually accepted?
02/18/2020 8:54:32 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
An email was sent with the last qualifying time/distance. Did you get it?
An email was sent with the last qualifying time/distance. Did you get it?
02/18/2020 10:17:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I did not.
I did not.
02/23/2020 1:59:14 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Yes......It makes absolutely no sense to me why they (PTFCA) even bother with a qualifying standard if they are only going to take a certain number of athletes per event anyway. Just say "We are taking the top 24 hurdlers/runnners/jumpers etc!" Can anyone enlighten me on this? In outdoor (PIAA), if you make the qualifying mark at the district meet, then you go to the state meet no matter how many qualify with the time/mark.
Yes......It makes absolutely no sense to me why they (PTFCA) even bother with a qualifying standard if they are only going to take a certain number of athletes per event anyway. Just say "We are taking the top 24 hurdlers/runnners/jumpers etc!" Can anyone enlighten me on this? In outdoor (PIAA), if you make the qualifying mark at the district meet, then you go to the state meet no matter how many qualify with the time/mark.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.