Article Comment: Oak Ridge girls gun for record-tying 10th title
01/24/2009 4:05:55 PM
User
It's always great to be a Pioneer!!! I give Kudos to Coach Stamper for his dedication to this awesome track club and I support the girls to their 10th win.

Michelle
It's always great to be a Pioneer!!! I give Kudos to Coach Stamper for his dedication to this awesome track club and I support the girls to their 10th win.

Michelle
01/26/2009 2:05:10 PM
User
Not Hating at all, but Honestly if Oak Ridge had a tougher District & Regional I believe the outcome would be very different. Why don't you take a look at District 16-3A, and also Region 4-3A take a look at those teams that are there. Truthfully it is like a State Meet every week. If Oak Ridge was in a District and a Region like that, well State Champions (I Don't Think SO). Not Hating Congrats!!
Not Hating at all, but Honestly if Oak Ridge had a tougher District & Regional I believe the outcome would be very different. Why don't you take a look at District 16-3A, and also Region 4-3A take a look at those teams that are there. Truthfully it is like a State Meet every week. If Oak Ridge was in a District and a Region like that, well State Champions (I Don't Think SO). Not Hating Congrats!!
01/28/2009 12:11:33 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
While there is no disputing the depth of talent in Region 4-3A, the Oak Ridge girls would have done just fine if they were in that mix, based on times and distances. Undoubtedly the Pioneers might have lost a couple state qualifiers along the way, but not enough to substantially cut into their '08 margin of victory. Once an athlete/team gets to Showalter Field, the ones with the best performers wins.
While there is no disputing the depth of talent in Region 4-3A, the Oak Ridge girls would have done just fine if they were in that mix, based on times and distances. Undoubtedly the Pioneers might have lost a couple state qualifiers along the way, but not enough to substantially cut into their '08 margin of victory. Once an athlete/team gets to Showalter Field, the ones with the best performers wins.
01/28/2009 8:09:50 AM
Coach
8 of the states fastest events were from region 4_3A That is a lot of points
8 of the states fastest events were from region 4_3A
That is a lot of points

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.