15th Annual Red, White & Blue Classic 2017

• Coach
    BWXC
    Yes we are on course starting at soccer fields and finish is grass area after loop of oval.ALL SHOULD BE HAPPY.Coach Wright
  • Fred Carlson
    User
    PRO
    sverige55 Edited
    The Mt Lebo Blue Streaks definitely showed up Saturday at RWB! Great pack running from a group that had not lifted up great stats last spring in track, as of yet--but we all know XC is NOT track! If anyone wants my all-time RWB compendium just request the file by personal email at fred@carlsonstudio.com. I list the top 60 all-time times on the 2003-2014, 2017 course (2015, 2016 were changed courses for construction reasons). I list AT junior and sophomore and frosh times as well, and schools with one or more runners in these AT categories. The top 60 times runners also illustrate their top track times for comparative purposes...and to show that track is NOT XC!
  • Fred Carlson
    User
    PRO
    sverige55
    We see with the RWB results some interesting wrinkles:
    1. Mount Lebanon wins this big meet with a great pack and no stud #1 stick as of yet. Lots of youth and they seem fired up to get back to states! Stay healthy!
    2. Seneca Valley usually treats RWB as a early season training run and always peaks at the right time, so I am impressed they ran THIS WELL so early! Sam Owori's 15:35.4 is the 4th fastest junior time ever and 5th fastest underclassmen's time on this course. He's within 11 seconds of such underclass notables as Dan Jaskowak (15:24 junior record for Grove City 2011), Kennedy (15:25 in 2012), super soph Dan McGoey (15:30.7), and 2013 3200 state champ Ethan Martin (Fox Chapel 15:35).
    3. NA's Dan McGoey shatters the soph course mark (now 15:30.7) formerly held by Footlocker runner Brent Kennedy (Kiski) who ran 15:51 as a soph in 2011, and Brent was 2nd at PIAA aaa states XC in fall 2012 as a junior.