Sarah Walker of Germantown Friends continues to amaze those who watch her run and her latest performance was sensational! The junior competed in her main event, the 800 meter run, and she recorded the 2nd fastest time of her career, running a NATIONAL LEADING time of 2:07.56! She didn't do it without some company, however, as reigning AAA 400 meter champion McKenna Keegan of Avon Grove was just under a second behind her, running a US#3 2:08.35, a personal best of 8 seconds outdoors for the junior! The duo of Walker and Keegan are the top two juniors in the country at 800 meters!
In other girls action, Abbie Goldstein of Germantown Academy ran a then state leading time of 5:04.69 to win the 1600 meter run. Maura Henderson of Harriton ran a PA#5 10:55.86 to earn victory in the 3200 meter run. Upper Darby girls ran 9:42.86 to win the 4x800 meter relay.
For the boys, the return of Jaxson Hoey to invitational action with his new team Downingtown West was an impressive one, as he held off Paul Power of Spring Ford to win the 1600 meter run in a state leading 4:16.39 to Power's 4:17.68. The Unionville duo of Kent Hall (9:43.24) and Michael DelVecchio (9:45.31) finished 1-2 in the 3200. Donovan St Louis of Upper Darby had his own double, winning the 400 (49.49) and 200 meter dashes (T-PA#4 22.08). Nate McLachlan of Conestoga won the high hurdles (14.97) and the intermediate hurdles (40.19). Teammate Andrew Diehl cleared 6-6 to win the high jump. Milton Jones of Glen Mills threw 52-4 to win the shot put.
- 1,600 Meter Run - Abbe Goldstein (Germantown Academy) 5:04.69; Annie Glodek (Perkiomen Valley) 5:08.48; Emma Planck (Downingtown West) 5:08.58; Maddie Bixler(West Chester Henderson) 5:08.85; Emily Bracken (Bishop Shanahan) 5:10.24;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Maura Henderson (Harriton) 10:55.86;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Upper Darby 9:42.86;
- 800 Meter Run - Sarah Walker (Germantown Friends School) 2:07.56; McKenna Keegan (Avon Grove) 2:08.35; Anna Juul (Unionville) 2:14.55; Kacie Breeding (Unionville) 2:18.65;Allison Brunton (Owen J. Roberts) 2:19.63;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Jaxson Hoey (Downingtown West) 4:16.39; Paul Power (Spring Ford) 4:17.68; Nick Dahl (Germantown Friends School) 4:18.31; Andrew Marston(Conestoga) 4:18.58; Ryan Barton (Downingtown West) 4:21.38; Josh Hoey (Downingtown West) 4:23.28; Henry Sappey (Downingtown West) 4:24.06; Eric Diestelow (West Chester East) 4:24.91;
- 400 Meter Dash - Donovan St. Louis (Upper Darby) 49.49;
- 800 Meter Run - Brett Wolfinger (Quakertown) 1:56.81; Kilian Nelson (Conestoga) 1:57.43; Liam Conway (Owen J. Roberts) 1:57.78;
- High Jump - Andrew Diehl (Conestoga) 6-6;
- Shot Put - Milton Jones (Glen Mills Schools) 52-4
Jocelen Ruth of Kutztown continues to make her hat trick of throws victories a normal day at the office. The junior won the shot put (40-1), the discus (132-4) and was a big winner in the javelin (PA#4 146-2) Lindsay Bauer of Salisbury was victorious in the long jump (17-11.50) and the triple jump (36-2.50). For the boys, Rayan Green of Jim Thorpe won the high hurdles (16.00) and the intermediate hurdles (41.54).
- Discus - Jocelen Ruth (Kutztown Area) 132-4;
- Javelin - Jocelen Ruth (Kutztown Area) 146-2; Brooke Cope (Jim Thorpe Area) 139-2; Autumn Cope (Jim Thorpe Area) 121-11;
- Long Jump - Lindsay Bauer (Salisbury Township) 17-11.5;
- Shot Put - Jocelen Ruth (Kutztown Area) 40-1;
- Triple Jump - Lindsay Bauer (Salisbury Township) 36-2.5
What a spectacle at the Abington Invitational, where big marks were flying all over the place on Friday night!
Let's start with the Cheltenham sweep in the girls 100 meter hurdles, where Chanel Brissett edged out Ciara Leonard to lead a 1-2-3-4 finish! Brissett ran 13.83 while Leonard ran 13.84, PA#2 and PA#3 respectively. That puts them within touching distance of Sierra Brabham-Lawrence and her state leading 13.80.
Later, Cheltenham would take home the 4x1 title with a PA#2 time of 47.69. Freshman Alexis Crosby continued the momentum, running a new state leading time of 56.31 to win the 400 meter dash to beat out PA#2 Mikayla Schneider of Notre Dame (56.52). last but not least, Madison Langley-Walker took home the long jump (T-PA#4 18-6) and the triple jump (34-11).
Then the Cheltenham boys joined the party, and it started with Christian Brissett winning the 100 meter dash in 10.82.
But the showstopper of the tem was John Lewis. The senior ran the open 800 and ran a state leading and US#6 time of 1:51.60. Kevin James of Cardinal O'Hara was 2nd in a PA#3 1:54.07.
Other highlights of the meet included Erin Sample of Nazareth Academy throwing 42-3.50 to win the girls shot put. Norristown ran a PA#2 3:57.85 to win the 4x400 meter relay, becoming only the 6th team to achieve it this spring. Brooklynn Broadwater of Springside Chestnut Hill improved on her state lead in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 42.99 and she won the 100 meter dash in 12.11. Jayana Wedd of Norristown ran 25.16 to win the 200 meter dash, good for PA#4.
Boys highlights include a joint PA#1 performance from Clarence Rowlad of Boys Latin Charter in 21.91. Ndiaga Seck of Penn Wood ran 49.47 to win the 400 meter dash. Joe Maguire of Council Rock South ran 9:38.36 to win the 3200 meter run. Chris Stone of Springfield Montco cleared 15-6 to win the pole vault. Kieran Moore of Upper Dublin threw 53-7.50 to win the shot put.
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Chanel Brissett (Cheltenham) 13.83; Ciara Leonard (Cheltenham) 14.03; Ciara Leonard (Cheltenham) 13.84; Chanel Brissett (Cheltenham) 14.30; Madison Langley-Walker (Cheltenham) 14.73; Madison Langley-Walker (Cheltenham) 14.86;
- 100 Meter Dash - Taylor Chapman (Pennridge) 12.09; Brooklynn Broadwater (Springside Chestnut Hill Academy) 12.11; Taylor Chapman (Pennridge) 12.22;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Caroline Harmon (Lower Moreland) 5:14.32;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Brooklynn Broadwater (Springside Chestnut Hill Academy) 42.99; Ciara Leonard (Cheltenham) 44.61; Madison Langley-Walker (Cheltenham) 45.74; () 46.18;
- 400 Meter Dash - Alexis Crosby (Cheltenham) 56.31; Mikayla Schneider (Academy of Notre Dame) 56.52;
- 4x100 Meter Relay - Cheltenham 47.69;
- 800 Meter Run - Agnes Mansaray (Penn Wood) 2:17.05; Sydni Stovall (Springfield Township (Montco)) 2:18.92; Arianna Wallace (Cheltenham) 2:19.42;
- Long Jump - Madison Langley-Walker (Cheltenham) 18-6;
- Shot Put - Erin Sample (Nazareth Academy) 42-3.5; Ashley Alexander (Cheltenham) 39-1;
- 200 Meter Dash - Clarence Rowland (Boys Latin Charter) 21.91;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Joe Maguire (Council Rock South) 9:38.36;
- 400 Meter Dash - Ndiaga Seck (Penn Wood) 49.47;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Abington 3:22.39;
- 800 Meter Run - John Lewis (Cheltenham) 1:51.60; Kevin James (Cardinal O'Hara) 1:54.07; Julian Degroot-Lutzner (Masterman) 1:55.37;
- Discus - Stephen Pierce (Haverford Township HS) 156-0;
- Pole Vault - Chris Stone (Springfield Township (Montco)) 15-6;
- Shot Put - Kieran Moore (Upper Dublin) 53-7.5
Carly Gregas of North Schuylkill cleared 5-4 to win the girls high jump. Maura Fiamoncini of Mount Carmel threw 140-3 to win the javelin. For the boys, Dylan Gearinger of Berwick won the 1600 (4:35.08) and 3200 meter runs (9:49.78). Chris Petraskie of Shamokin Area cleared 6-4 to win the high jump.
- High Jump - Carly Gregas (North Schuylkill) 5-4;
- Javelin - Maura Fiamoncini (Mount Carmel Area) 140-3;
- Shot Put - Payden Montana (Berwick) 39-2
New York Relays
Matt Slagus threw 154-2 in the boys discus, while sister Jessica threw 115-1 in the same event.
Marianne Abdalah of Vincentian Academy continued her incredible spring season with two more victories, winning the 1600 meter run in a PA#5 5:06.79 and the 3200 meter run in a new state leading 10:49.66, becoming the first PA female to break 10:50 this season! She finished ahead of PA#2 Lauren Gronbeck of Eden Christian Academy (10:52.94).
Abby Jones of Franklin Area and Jessica Stever of Indiana Area both cleared a state leading mark of 5-8 in the high jump, with Jones winning the event on misses. Stever did win the long jump with a PA#6 mark of 18-3.25.
For the boys, Jordan Geist of Knoch was back in the game and back at his best, winning the shot put with a US#3 mark of 66-1.50! It is the best mark of his outdoor career and the 2nd time this calendar year he has broken the 66 foot mark! He also added a victory in the discus with a mark of 171-7!
Elias Graca of Fox Chapel made his invitational debut for the spring season by winning the 800 meter run with a PA#2 time of 1:53.78, bettering his outdoor personal best from last spring. Jeff Van Kooten of Pittsburgh Central Catholic ran a PA#3 4:17.78 to win the 1600 meter run! In the 3200 meter run, Jacob Heinauer of North Hills (9:35.59) held off Will Loevner of Winchester Thurston (9:36.49) and Aaron Benka of Grove City (9:37.21) to come away victorious in a field that had 9 sub 9:50 performances. Ori Rinaman of Mars Area won the high hurdles (T-PA#6 14.78) and the intermediate hurdles (PA#3 38.52). Caleb Sanford of McDowell cleared 15 feet to win the pole vault.
- 1,600 Meter Run - Marianne Abdalah (Vincentian Academy) 5:06.79;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Kat Quigley (Pine-Richland) 45.57;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Marianne Abdalah (Vincentian Academy) 10:49.66; Lauren Gronbeck (Eden Christian Academy) 10:52.94; Ava Pietrzyk (North Hills) 11:05.43; Rachel Hensler (Seneca Valley) 11:17.03; Riley Kwiatkowski (Greensburg Salem) 11:17.47;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Franklin Regional 9:44.59;
- 800 Meter Run - Isabelle Biase (Seneca Valley) 2:19.96;
- Discus - Maura Kimmel (Moniteau) 124-1;
- High Jump - Abby Jones (Franklin Area) 5-8; Jessica Stever (Indiana Area) 5-8;
- Javelin - Nicole Pilewski (Shaler Area) 123-11; Zoe Pawlak (Freeport Area) 123-10; Kristen Greggerson (Gateway) 121-7;
- Long Jump - Jessica Stever (Indiana Area) 18-3.25; Kaden Hinish (Baldwin) 17-6.5;
- Pole Vault - Nada Buntic (McDowell) 10-9;
- Shot Put - Maura Kimmel (Moniteau) 38-0;
- Triple Jump - (West Mifflin) 36-7.5; Emma Lizewski (Seneca Valley) 36-3.5;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Jeff Van Kooten (Pittsburgh Central Catholic) 4:17.78; (Vincentian Academy) 4:22.08; Jacob Heinauer (North Hills) 4:23.20;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Ori Rinaman (Mars Area) 38.52; Ori Rinaman (Mars Area) 38.52;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Jacob Heinauer (North Hills) 9:35.59; (Winchester Thurston) 9:36.49; Aaron Benka (Grove City Area) 9:37.21;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Penn Hills 8:04.69;
- 800 Meter Run - Elias Graca (Fox Chapel Area) 1:53.78; Mike Kolor (Seneca Valley) 1:55.02; (Vincentian Academy) 1:57.53;
- Discus - Jordan Geist (Knoch) 171-7; Lawson Monta (Greensburg Salem) 155-3;
- Pole Vault - Caleb Sanford (McDowell) 15-0; Brian Waryck (Indiana Area) 14-0; Jacob Kester (Indiana Area) 14-0;
- Shot Put - Jordan Geist (Knoch) 66-1.5; Gabe Spurlock (Mars Area) 52-3;
- Triple Jump - Isaiah Brooks (Woodland Hills High School) 45-11
Bald Eagle registers new AA No. 1s.
BY BARB KROHN
LOCK HAVEN -- Only two meet records went down Friday at the 17th annual Bald Eagle Invitational at Lock Haven University but that didn't mean there weren't some impressive times and marks laid down.
Current AA No. 1 ranked high jumper Lindsey Carl from Central Columbia got meet record honors as she took first in the high jump (5-3) and Mifflin County's Amanda Hassinger broke the 2K steeplechase record with a spirited run of 8:10.74.
It was a big day for relays as the Lewisburg girls 4x800 (Allison Graham, Blake Baylor, Olivia Martin, Jenna Farmer) opened with the top AA time (9:56.73) and the Milton boys 4x800 (Tyler Leeser, Blake Wargo, Zak Lewis, Wade Heidel) backed it up with an elite 8:13.21 also good for top state AA time.
Graham, who hadn't run the 4x800 race since she was a freshman, went out strong in the first lap.
"I went for it in the first lap," she said.
But her 400 lead turned into fourth at the handoff to Baylor.
The University of Texas-bound senior quickly picked off runners though and regained the lead for the Green Dragons by the first 400 and had extended it when she handed off to Martin.
"Over the winter I was injured," said Baylor. "So this is a good step for me."
Martin kept command of the race by focusing on her pacing.
"It was nice to get the opportunity for even splits," she said.
Farmer said it was fun watching her teammates perform.
"I always love to watch my team run a really good race before I run."
In the boys 4x800 Leeser, a freshman on the otherwise all senior team, got the baton to Wargo in second place.
"I was in second by 10 steps," said Wargo.
And he didn't want to give his competition the chance to extend the lead.
"I knew if I didn't catch up with him and break him, I didn't have a chance."
A footrace with Mifflin County's Evan Becker gave Lewis a step on Anthony Shifano at the handoff.
And Lewis kept almost exactly that lead when he handed off to Heidel.
"I was trying to give Wade the lead," said Milton's third leg. "I don't want to be that kid that lets everybody down."
By the time Heidel came down the home stretch he didn't have to worry about Mifflin County's Keenan Walker as much as dodging the runners he and Walker had lapped.
He didn't seem to mind.
"I knew coming into this season we'd have a good 4x800," said Heidel. "It's good to be doing it this early."
Milton went on to sweep the relays Friday with Heidel running anchor in all of them.
Gambrell shines, Molino retools and a battle in girls 400
Athens freshman Breanna Gambrell already the top-ranked AA girl in the 100, added another AA No. 1 when she won the long jump with a leap of 18-1.
Gambrell's best jump in prelims was 17-0 -- more than enough to move her to the finals before she took time away to win the 100 (12.84).
Returning the Lock Haven pit friendly to jumpers, Gambrell found herself in second place when DuBois junior Dayna Desalvia went long for 17-8.
Gambrell responded with two jumps that bested that -- her winning response was an 18-1 mark that tied the Athens school record.
"I think it was an adrenaline rush," she said all smiles after the final big one. "I was in second and I wanted to win."
Gambrell went 3-for-3 individually Friday adding a 200 win (26.77) later in the meet.
South Williamsport senior Griffin Molino won the 1,600 (4:20.89) and 3,200 (9:47.78).
The two-time AA cross country champion was working his way back after an injury discovered after his win last fall.
"It was so disappointing," Molino said. "I wanted to go to cross country nationals and indoor nationals."
Getting back to work in mid-January Molino said he is working to peak at the right time this year.
"Last year I crashed and burned at districts and states," he said. "Hopefully this year we can get through districts and states (successfully.)"
Molino's elite 1,600 time exceeded his expectations.
"My goal was 4:22," he said. "I'm really happy with where I am right now."
The girls 400 looked to pit Northeast Bradford's Lydia Werner and Lewisburg's Jenna Farmer who were seeded within 13 hundredths of a second of each other.
But it turned out that Breanna Gambrell isn't the only Athens freshman standout. Coming out of Lane 6 teammate Emily Lunger just edged Farmer for the sub-60 win.
"I don't think people were going to expect that from me," said Lunger whose previous PR was 1:01.80. "It gets better from here I hope."
Lunger's winning time (59.56) and Farmer's second-place (59.85) are national elites and put them as the current AA No. 2 and 3.
In the girls pole vault South Williamsport's Kaite Jones won with an elite jump of 10-6 and in the boys division Central Columbia's Mitch Riddick and Mifflinburg's Easton Plummer tied with elite jumps of 14-0.
- Long Jump - Breana Gambrell (Athens Area) 18-1; Dayna Desalve (DuBois Area) 17-8;
- Pole Vault - Katie Jones (South Williamsport) 10-6;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Griffin Molino (South Williamsport) 4:20.89;
- Pole Vault - Mitch Liddick (Central Columbia) 14-0; Easton Plummer (Mifflinburg) 14-0
Cal Track Classic
Lyle Banton of Upper Saint Clair ran 14.97 to win the 110 meter hurdles. For the girls, Vayda Farino of Southmoreland ran 1:01.60 to win the 400 meter dash.
In their final tune up before the Penn Relays, Cheltenham boys had big wins in the 4x200 (1:26.59) and the 4x400 meter relays (3:17.51) to set new state leading marks in both events! Wissahickon finished 2nd in both of those relays highlighted by a PA#5 3:22.95 in the 4x4. For the girls, Wissahickon ran 4:01.88 to win the 4x400 meter relay.
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Cheltenham 1:26.59;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Cheltenham 3:17.51; Wissahickon 3:22.95;
- Sprint Medley Relay - Wissahickon 3:36.22; Springfield Township (Montco) 3:40.69; Cheltenham 3:42.41
Clara Forney of Conestoga Valley ran 58.40 to win the 400 meter dash. Anne Den Otter of Wilson (3) ran 5:08.42 to win the 1600 meter run and earn PA#8 honors. Jolesha Boulware of Coatesville won the high hurdles (14.82) and the intermediate hurdles (45.60) and won the triple jump (36-9.75). Cyre Virgo of Fleetwood cleared a PA#3 5-7 to win the high jump and jumped 17-11 to win the long jump. Sunny Green of Conestoga Valley threw 41-10.50 to win the shot put.
For the boys, Augustine Fahnbullah of Wilson (3) ran 39.90 to win the 300 meter hurdles. Joey Mundell of Schuylkill Valley threw a PA#2 56-2.50 to win the shot put. Matt Reinhart of Berks Catholic threw 184-8 to win the javelin.
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Jolesha Boulware (Coatesville) 14.82; Cyre Virgo (Fleetwood Area) 14.98;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Anne Den Otter (Wilson (3)) 5:08.42; Brooke Hutton (Coatesville) 5:12.12;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Jolesha Boulware (Coatesville) 45.60;
- Discus - Jocelen Ruth (Kutztown Area) 129-8;
- High Jump - Cyre Virgo (Fleetwood Area) 5-7;
- Long Jump - Cyre Virgo (Fleetwood Area) 17-11;
- Shot Put - Sunny Greene (Conestoga Valley) 41-10.5; Jocelen Ruth (Kutztown Area) 41-2;
- Triple Jump - Jolesha Boulware (Coatesville) 36-9.75;
- Javelin - Matt Reinhart (Berks Catholic) 184-8; Matt Hook (Fleetwood Area) 177-9;
- Shot Put - Joey Mundell (Schuylkill Valley) 56-2.5; Dalton R Hoagland (Berks Catholic) 54-8.5
CB West Relays
North Penn girls took over the state lead in the 4x800 meter relay with a winning time of 9:19.70 to earn US#11 honors ahead of PA#2 Pennsbury (9:25.99)! North Penn closed out their day with a 2nd state leading performance, winning the 4x400 meter relay in 3:52.69. Pennsbury ran a PA#3 48.07 to win the 4x100 meter relay. The Council Rock South duo of Savannah Wood and Dominique Franco each cleared 11-9 in the pole vault.
For the boys, David Marrington took over the state lead from John Lewis in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 37.93! Pennsbury ran 7:59.48 to win the 4x800 meter relay. Pennridge ran 3:25.36 to win the 4x400 meter relay. Grant Jones of Lasalle threw 180-6 to win the javelin.
- 4x400 Meter Relay - North Penn 3:52.69;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - North Penn 9:19.70; Pennsbury 9:25.99; Central Bucks East 9:43.83;
- High Jump - Miranda Laskey (William Tennent) 5-4;
- Long Jump - Ariana Przybylowski (Pennridge) 17-6.75;
- Pole Vault - Savannah Wood (Council Rock South) 11-9; Dominique Franco (Council Rock South) 11-9; Alexis Mongiello (Pennsbury) 10-6;
- Sprint Medley Relay - Central Bucks West 4:01.95; Central Bucks South 4:10.36; Penn Wood 4:11.80; Pennsbury 4:13.40; North Penn 4:16.31; Central Bucks East 4:16.66; William Tennent 4:25.16; Lansdale Catholic 4:25.27; Villa Joseph Marie 4:29.18;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - David Marrington (Neshaminy) 37.93;
- 4x1600 Meter Relay - Pennsbury 17:57.30; Central Bucks West 17:58.60; Central Bucks East 18:02.83; LaSalle College High School 18:39.15; Neshaminy 18:42.43;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Pennsbury 7:59.48; Penn Wood 8:08.41; Central Bucks West 8:08.65;
- Discus - Sam Collazo (William Tennent) 156-0;
- Distance Medley Relay - Pennridge 10:40.01;
- Javelin - Grant Jones (LaSalle College High School) 180-6;
- Pole Vault - Eddie Eason (LaSalle College High School) 14-0;
- Sprint Medley Relay - LaSalle College High School 3:31.62; Central Bucks East 3:32.51; Penn Wood 3:36.80; Central Bucks West 3:36.85; Quakertown 3:39.90; Pennsbury 3:40.43;Central Bucks South 3:40.44; Pennridge 3:43.08; Harry S Truman 3:44.09
A hot but sunny day was a welcome sight at the annual Shippensburg Invitational and the athletes did all they could to take advantage of the beautiful conditions.
AA Boys featured the reigning 100 meter champion Jahvel Hemphill of Bloomsburg returning to the place he won the state title. On his return, he won the 100 meter dash in 10.97 to maintain his place as the man to beat in his main event.
Andrew Snyder of Camp Hill got the best of Hemphill in the 200 (22.21) and he won the 400 meter dash (49.70). Dominic Hockenbury of Lake Lehman had a solid tune up before Friday's Penn Relays 3000 meter run with a 1600 meter win in 4:20.21. Griffin Mackey of Sewickley Academy ran a PA#8 9:28.49 to win the 3200 meter run to edge out William Kachman of Bedford (9:29.42). Tyler Burger of Northwest Area won the high hurdles (14.97) and the intermediate hurdles (39.57). The field events were highlighted by a huge US#6 mark in the javelin by Michael Biddle of Williamsburg Community, who threw a lifetime best 200-6 to earn the victory.
In AAA boys, we saw Colin Abert of Easton return to the form that had people calling him the best distance runner in the state of PA. Abert ran the 3200 meter run and became the second athlete this season to break 9:20. His PA#2 time of 9:17.75 just misses the 9:17.33 state lead held by Sam Ritz of Germantown Academy. Sean Widener of Lower Dauphin was 2nd in a PA#5 9:25.75.
Charles Bowman, Jr of Central Dauphin East showed his versatility, winning the high hurdles in 14.67 and then he stepped up in the 400 meter dash and took a big victory in a PA#2 time of 48.70 to edge out PA#3 Peter Hughey of James Buchanan. Ethan Gatchell of Red Lion ran a PA#6 1:55.45 to win the 800 meter run. Matt Kravitz of North Pocono ran a PA#6 4:18.84 to win the 1600 meter run.
The 4x100 meter relay had the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best marks in the state in one race, as State College (42.66) edged out Carlisle (42.68) and Central Dauphin East (42.77) to win the gold. Central Dauphin East did get a relay win on the day, running a PA#3 3:20.88 to win the 4x400 meter relay. Qayyim Ali of Williamsport cleared 6-6 to win the high jump. Ryan Wilkes of Valley View cleared 15-9 to win the pole vault. Deshawn Millington of Carlisle won the triple jump with a mark of 47-6.25 to take the state lead.
In AA girls, Shannon Quinn of Trinity (3) put herself in the spot of favorite in the 800 meter run at the state meet after her solo performance of 2:13.51, good for PA#3!
Maddison Landis of Christopher Dock ran a solo 5:08.65 to win the 1600 meter run. Reagan Hess of Annville-Cleona jumped 18-3 to win the long jump, defeating reigning long jump state champion Abby Martin of Boiling Springs. Martin did win the triple jump with a mark of 36-10.25.
In AAA girls, Megan Mansfield of Mechanicsburg ran a PA#3 56.83 to win the 400 meter dash. Mady Clahane of Cumberland Valley cruised in the 1600 meter run with a state leading 5:00.30, and she snagged victory in the 800 meter run at the very last second with a time of 2:18.06.
Ally Rome of Dallas ran a PA#6 10:58.46 to win the 3200 meter run. Mahendra Mcwhite of Dieruff won the high hurdles (PA#4 14.22) and the intermediate hurdles (PA#7 44.76). Susquehanna Township became the new state leaders in the 4x100 meter relay with a time of 47.27. Ephrata ran 9:36.53 to win the 4x800 meter relay.
Erin Winters of Lebanon, Kennedy Shank of Northern, and Megan Fry of State College all cleared 11-9 in the pole vault, with Winters earning the victory on misses. Veronika Karpenko of State College had the best meet of her career, setting a new state leading mark in the long jump with a mark of 18-11.50 and a PA#2 mark in the triple jump of 38-11.25. Emily Stauffer of Cocalico threw 45-7.75 to win the shot put.
- 110 Meter Hurdles - Charles Bowman Jr. ((CD East) Central Dauphin East ) 14.67;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Matt Kravitz (North Pocono) 4:18.84; Dominic Hockenbury (Lake Lehman) 4:20.21; Zach Brehm (Carlisle) 4:21.49; Cooper Leslie (Camp Hill) 4:23.76; Matt Wisner(Carlisle) 4:21.65; Brad Foust (Altoona Area) 4:24.19;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Colin Abert (Easton Area) 9:17.75; Griffin Mackey (Sewickley Academy) 9:28.49; Sean Weidner (Lower Dauphin) 9:25.75; William Kachman (Bedford) 9:29.42;Aaron Gebhart (New Oxford) 9:33.03; Simon Smith (Towanda) 9:38.49; Zach Seiger (Red Land) 9:36.20; Matt Beyerle (State College Area High School) 9:37.58; Theo Kioussis (Kennard-Dale) 9:38.97; Nate Becker (Ephrata) 9:40.00;
- 400 Meter Dash - Charles Bowman Jr. ((CD East) Central Dauphin East ) 48.70; Peter Hughey (James Buchanan) 48.91;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - (CD East) Central Dauphin East 3:20.88;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - State College Area High School 8:04.57; Chambersburg 8:09.12;
- 800 Meter Run - Ethan Gatchell (Red Lion) 1:55.45; Matt Gross (Trinity (3)) 1:57.65; Brett George (Altoona Area) 1:57.90;
- Discus - Kelton Chastulik (Chambersburg) 155-7; Thomas Peppernick (Fannett-Metal High School) 159-3; Tyler Hoag (Manheim Central) 150-2;
- High Jump - Qayyim Ali (Williamsport Area) 6-6;
- Javelin - Skyler Mason (West Allegheny) 182-2; Michael Biddle (Williamsburg Community JS/HS) 200-6; Nate Long (Chambersburg) 182-1; Adam Zeiders (Lower Dauphin) 177-6; Wade Laudeman (Gettysburg Area High School) 177-4;
- Long Jump - Kellin Valentine (State College Area High School) 22-7.75;
- Pole Vault - Ryan Wilkes (Valley View) 15-9;
- Triple Jump - Deshawn Millington (Carlisle) 47-6.25; Bricen Garner (Pittsburgh Central Catholic) 45-5.25
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Mahendra Mcwhite (Louis E Dieruff) 14.22; Yasmin Brooks (Susquehanna Township) 14.86;
- 1,600 Meter Run - Mady Clahane (Cumberland Valley) 5:00.30; Maddison Landis (Christopher Dock) 5:08.65; Lindsey Oremus (Dallas) 5:05.45; Katie Bacher (Emmaus) 5:10.35;Maddie Ferner (Kennard-Dale) 5:11.41; Abby Yourkavitch (Chambersburg) 5:12.06; Angel Barber (East Pennsboro Area SD) 5:12.52; Diana Hammerstone (Easton Area) 5:12.54; Skyler Berardi (Garnet Valley) 5:14.79;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Tatiana Purnell (Mercersburg Academy) 44.65; Mahendra Mcwhite (Louis E Dieruff) 44.76; Lynne Mooradian (South Western) 45.05; Yasmin Brooks (Susquehanna Township) 45.14; Paige Geatz (Cumberland Valley) 46.22;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Ally Rome (Dallas) 10:58.46; Ella Breidenstine (Lower Dauphin) 11:13.11;
- 400 Meter Dash - Megan Mansfield (Mechanicsburg Area High School) 56.83; Alysha Evans (Susquehanna Township) 57.34;
- 4x100 Meter Relay - Susquehanna Township 47.27;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Ephrata 9:36.53; Easton Area 9:38.16; State College Area High School 9:44.36;
- 800 Meter Run - Shannon Quinn (Trinity (3)) 2:13.51; Mady Clahane (Cumberland Valley) 2:18.06; Natasha Fedkina (State College Area High School) 2:18.09;
- Discus - Emily Johns (Lake Lehman) 128-2; Alex Zimmerman (Manheim Township) 123-9; Emily Stauffer (Cocalico) 121-0;
- High Jump - Katie Kravitsky (Dallas) 5-4; Dazjanique Williams (Cedar Cliff) 5-4;
- Javelin - Jadyn Tiracave (Penn Cambria) 135-0; Steph Sievers (Daniel Boone) 139-4; Dazjanique Williams (Cedar Cliff) 133-5; Skyler Duncan (Cedar Cliff) 127-6; Katie McClellan(Palmyra) 123-1; Cayle Spencer (Lake Lehman) 122-9; Sara Phelan (Bishop McDevitt) 121-4;
- Long Jump - Reagan Hess (Annville-Cleona) 18-3; Veronika Karpenko (State College Area High School) 18-11.5; Dazjanique Williams (Cedar Cliff) 18-8.5; Katy Alberici (Susquehanna Township) 18-0.5; Alexis Auman (Selinsgrove) 17-9.25;
- Pole Vault - Megan Silva (Trinity (3)) 10-9; Erin Winters (Lebanon) 11-9; Kennedy Shank (Northern) 11-9; Megan Fry (State College Area High School) 11-9; Tesia Kempski (Bishop McDevitt) 11-3; Jordan Hess (Penn Manor) 11-3; Samantha Lowery (Chambersburg) 11-3; Sarah Bourdon (Carlisle) 11-3; Kinsey Thompson (State College Area High School) 10-9;Jeannie Showers (Lebanon) 10-9; Greer Gumbrecht (Easton Area) 10-9; Madison Light (Lower Dauphin) 10-9; Maggie Murphy (Cedar Cliff) 10-9;
- Shot Put - Emily Stauffer (Cocalico) 45-7.75; Nina Gambacorta (Garnet Valley) 41-0.75; Emily Johns (Lake Lehman) 39-7; Jordan Bair (State College Area High School) 37-10;
- Triple Jump - Abby Martin (Boiling Springs) 36-10.25; Veronika Karpenko (State College Area High School) 38-11.25; Katy Alberici (Susquehanna Township) 38-7.5; Alexis Auman(Selinsgrove) 37-1.25; Taylor Pugh (Milton Hershey) 36-6.75; Olivia Embleton (East Pennsboro Area SD) 36-0.5
Penncrest girls took home the 4x100 (49.47) and 4x200 meter relays (1:44.80). Friends Central ran 12:11.05 to win the distance medley relay by 35 seconds. Evelyn Berecz of Downingtown East jumped 37-6.50 to set a lifetime best in the triple jump.
For the boys, Upper Darby created some distance from themselves and the chase pack in the 4x100 meter relay with an improved state leading time of 42.22 to set a meet record. They also ran a meet record 1:28.50 to win the 4x200 meter relay, and they ran 1:03.93 to win the 4x110 meter shuttle hurdle relay. State leader Andrew Diehl of Conestoga jumped 6-7 to win the high jump. Evan Sing of Penncrest threw a US#5 202-4 to win the javelin!
- Discus - Tejarra Ellis (Methacton) 128-6; Rachel Vresilovic (Strath Haven) 120-5;
- Distance Medley Relay - Friends' Central 12:11.05;
- Javelin - Nicolette Serratore (Methacton) 129-9;
- Sprint Medley Relay - Episcopal Academy 4:15.03; Penncrest 4:16.92; Downingtown East 4:27.33;
- Triple Jump - Evelyn Berecz (Downingtown East) 37-6.5;
- 4x100 Meter Relay - Upper Darby 42.22;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Upper Darby 1:28.50; Downingtown West 1:28.60;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Radnor 8:03.92; Pottsgrove 8:08.65;
- Discus - Stephen Pierce (Haverford Township HS) 155-10;
- High Jump - Andrew Diehl (Conestoga) 6-7;
- Javelin - Evan Sing (Penncrest) 202-4;
- Pole Vault - Colin Waitzman (Strath Haven) 14-0;
- Sprint Medley Relay - Penncrest 3:34.42; Boyertown 3:36.93; Downingtown East 3:37.34; Chester 3:38.01; Garnet Valley 3:38.55; Strath Haven 3:38.66; Holy Ghost Preparatory School 3:43.08; Penn Charter 3:43.88
City of Hermitage
Bethany Evankovich of General McLane ran a meet record 58.40 to win the 400 meter dash. Villa Maria Academy ran a meet record 9:52.25 to win the 4x800 meter relay. Hickory went 1-2-3 in the shot put and the discus, with Elena Marchand winning the shot put (meet record and PA#2 46-9.50) and Tori McKinley winning the discus (meet record and state leading 142-7) with Marchand finishing 2nd (PA#2 141-11). Teammate Danielle Collier won the javelin with a PA#3 148-7.
For the boys, Austin Aikins of Hickory dazzled in front of the home crowd with victories in the shot put (53-7) and the discus (PA#4 167-4). Grayson Hill of Cathedral Prep threw 189 feet even to win the javelin.
- Discus - Tori McKinley (Hickory) 142-7; Elena Marchand (Hickory) 141-11; Cailen Blaire (Hickory) 127-5;
- Javelin - Danielle Collier (Hickory) 148-7;
- Pole Vault - Jamie Thompson (Wilmington) 10-6;
- Shot Put - Elena Marchand (Hickory) 46-9.5; Tori McKinley (Hickory) 41-8; Danielle Collier (Hickory) 37-1;
- Discus - Austin Aikins (Hickory) 167-4; Joseph Armstrong (Lakeview) 166-9.5; Evan Blaire (Hickory) 156-3.5;
- Javelin - Grayson Hill (Cathedral Prep) 189-0;
- Shot Put - Austin Aikins (Hickory) 53-7; Evan Blaire (Hickory) 53-6.5
Imhotep Charter went down to Maryland to compete and they were led by a 22.10 performance by Ade Roundtree and a 43.30 performance from their 4x100 meter relay team.
Sydni Townsend of Neumann Goretti ran 57.72 to win the 400 meter dash and earn PA#7 honors. She also ran 25.55 to finish 2nd in the 200 meter dash. Neumann Goretti won the 4x100 meter relay in 48.84 and the 4x400 meter relay in 3:59.62. Alison Jones of Archbishop Ryan jumped 17-2.25 to win the long jump.
For the boys, Benny Walls of St Joseph's Prep ran 39.15 to win the 300 meter hurdles. Prep also won the 4x400 meter relay in a PA#2 time of 3:19.86!
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Taylor Woods (Archbishop Ryan) 46.46;
- 400 Meter Dash - Sydni Townsend (Neumann Goretti) 57.72;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Benny Walls (Saint Joseph's Prep) 39.15;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Saint Joseph's Prep 3:19.86
Red and Black
Khyasi Caldwell-Adams of Pocono Mountain East jumped a big 19-2 to win the long jump. It is her 2nd meet with a 19 plus foot mark this season, and she has the two best long jump marks in the state this season!
Lucianne Burner of North Pocono cleared 11-6 to win the pole vault. Aspen Gaita of Stroudsburg ran 14.98 to win the high hurdles and 46.34 to win the intermediate hurdles. Maggie Toczko of Tunkhannock ran 11:13.12 to win the 3200 meter run.
For the boys, Mike Marsack of Stroudsburg threw 189-4 to win the javelin. Khai Samuels of Pleasant Valley ran 1:58.59 to win the 800 meter run. Jack Tidball of Tunkhannock ran 9:43.01 to win the 3200 meter run.
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Aspen Gaita (Stroudsburg) 14.98;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Aspen Gaita (Stroudsburg) 46.34;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Maggie Toczko (Tunkhannock) 11:13.12;
- Javelin - Kayla Merkel (Hazleton Area) 123-6; Megan Manglaviti (Tunkhannock) 123-1;
- Long Jump - (Pocono Mountain East) 19-2; Aspen Gaita (Stroudsburg) 17-9.5;
- Pole Vault - Lucianne Burner (North Pocono) 11-6;
- Triple Jump - Tatiana Williams (Stroudsburg) 36-0.75;
Ty'Asia Dansbury of Harrisburg improved her state leading time in the 200 meter dash with a winning performance of 24.13! Sierra Brabham-Lawrence won the triple jump with a state leading mark of 39-1.25 and she won the high hurdles in 14.29.
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Sierra Brabham-Lawrence (Harrisburg High School) 14.29;
- 200 Meter Dash - Ty'Asia Dansbury (Harrisburg High School) 24.13;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Harrisburg High School 3:53.65;
- Triple Jump - Sierra Brabham-Lawrence (Harrisburg High School) 39-1.25
|Truman's Fred Brown invitational||Levittown, PA|
|Mt. SAC Relays||
|New Balance-Warrior Invitational||
West Chester, PA
NO PA TEAMS
|Tamaqua Blue Raider Invitational||
|Abington Jack Armstrong Invitational||
|Mount Carmel Breslin Invitational||
Mount Carmel, PA
|New York Relays||
New York, NY
|Butler Invitational 51st Boys 14th Girls Annual||
|LHU Bald Eagle Invitational||
Lock Haven, PA
|Twin Valley Raider Invitational||Elverson, PA|
|Red & Black Invitational||
East Stroudsburg, PA
|Cal Track Carnival||
|Tri-Valley Invitational||Grahamsville, NY|
|Leonard Stephan Invitational||
West Lawn, PA
|Central Bucks West Relays||
|Shippensburg 89th Jack Roddick HS Invitational||
|Kane Invitational||Kane, PA|
|Riverdale Baptist T&F Invitational||
Upper Marlboro, MD
|R. Joseph Kellerman Great Valley Relays||
|City of Hermitage T&F Invite||
|McNamara Mustangs Invitational||
|Fairview Track & Field Invitational||Fairview, PA|
|Big Blue Track & Field Classic||Staten Island, NY|
|Art Madric Hall of Fame Invitational||
|Beaver County Invitational||Ellwood City, PA|
|CYO Region 18-21 Spring Meet #3||Royersford, PA|
|Philadelphia Public League Relays||